cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 4G Rollout update-

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Guys,

We’ve just announced some really great stats for our 4G rollout and some  new information on what’s coming next!

Here’s an overview of where our 4G is at the minute-

-Available to 33% of the population indoors and 41% of the population outdoors

-Already in 191 towns and Cities across the UK spanning to 20 million people

-Over 1 million O2 customers now on 4G

Here’s what we’re doing to make 2,3 and 4G better

- Nationwide upgrade of existing masts

- 25% of masts upgraded by 2014

- An additional £16 million committed to delivering data services to over 200 areas that have never had data before!

- Investment on top of the £1.5 million per day equivalent network spend

4G data stat alert*

In the last year since we launched 4G customers have used more data than the combined period between 2000 to 2008! That’s a lot of data.

For more on this check here

These are ambitious plans guys, let us know what you think and if you’ve already started to see and make use of the improvements that have come with 4G.

What more would you like to see from us for 2014 and beyond?

Of course in 2015 everyone will be using Segways whilst using our Google glass or the Apple or Samsung, HTC and beyond equivalent…

But never the less- let us know what you think!

Thanks

Brad

Message 1 of 141
140 REPLIES 140

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous
What people on here want to know is where 4g will be rolling out next like you did when it launched and told us city by city I'm in London so was one of the first to get it but I can see their point can you not publish a list with approximate dates?
Message 2 of 141

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I agree with @Anonymous here.

It is no good just feeding us the usual figures on what is being spent we need actual hard information for example the 200 areas to get 3g why not tell us .

Also why not give them 4g at the same time in those areas? If the backhaul work is in place then give these rural (i guess) areas the best o2 can give them in one hit.

As per my signature still in a 2g only area.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 141

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey damien1,

Great question. Yes we announced City by City layst year, we're planning a few things in the community to give you guys an opportunity to understand the plans more. More on that will be out soon slight_smile

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi @Anonymous
What people on here want to know is where 4g will be rolling out next like you did when it launched and told us city by city I'm in London so was one of the first to get it but I can see their point can you not publish a list with approximate dates?

Message 4 of 141

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

Thank you for taking the time to come here and post info.

I've been using 4G on Payg for a few months now as I'm lucky to live in one of the cities from 1st roll out.

Typically achieving 50mbps it's awesome and definitely makes the difference when surfing and gaming.

Members are after as much info as possible ref further Rollouts so any more info related to that I know would be appreciated.
Message 5 of 141

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi @Anonymous

Thank you for taking the time to come here and post info.

I've been using 4G on Payg for a few months now as I'm lucky to live in one of the cities from 1st roll out.

Typically achieving 50mbps it's awesome and definitely makes the difference when surfing and gaming.

Members are after as much info as possible ref further Rollouts so any more info related to that I know would be appreciated.

@Anonymous of coursee slight_smile Knwoledge is power and power is glory... I watched Gladiator this morning, although i avoided the ceremonial dress to work.. Anyway- network details for you guys is on our agenda so do expect something very very soon.

Message 6 of 141

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds good Brad many will be waiting with baited breath slight_smile
Message 7 of 141

Anonymous
Not applicable

what about bristol Cat Sad

Message 8 of 141

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think you will have to wait off the announcement