Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAC Code transfer

LWall
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have bought a new phone (network free) and inserted an 02 SIM and registered it with My 02.  I have topped up with £10 and then set up a £10 rolling monthly plan.  I want to change the number to my old mobile number.  I have the PAC Code from my previous provider but there doesn't appear to be anywhere on the page where I can do this.  The Virtual Assistant doesn't understand the question and it is impossible to speak to anyone.  The help page instructions on this refer to an orange box in the top right hand corner which you can use to change number but there is no orange box.  If there is anyone out there at 02 who could help or even a human to speak to it would be greatly appreciated so I can resolve this.  I have been on it for hours so getting pretty exhausted by the effort and it's not even for me.  I'm setting it up on my husband's behalf.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23994 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

@LWall This is not O2. This is a customer community.

This guide might help: Migration & porting into O2 - O2 Community

Pay & Go customer service number is 4445, but as you are not the account holder that may be an issue.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

LWall
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your response and sorry if it is not a community issue.

The guide unfortunately advises contacting Customer Service but that is just a series of automated numbers none of which are answered.  

If anyone out there knows how to speak to someone at O2 to try and resolve the issue I would really appreciate it.  Alternatively if there happens to be an employee of 02 who sees this could they respond with a number so I could speak to someone.  I think it would be really easy to sort out if I can just speak to a human being.

Message 3 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149450 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions

@LWall 

Call at 8.00am for best chance.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 7

garethm
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I know the feeling. I've just tried call them for 2 hours, same issue and the rubbish virtual assistant. Ill call them in the morning. Very disappointing for a company like O2 not to correct such a howling fault that they must know about!!

Message 5 of 7

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38466 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

If hanging on for more than 30mins, simply HUCA - starting at 8am GMT does help, usually, @garethm - good luck!

Message 6 of 7

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9312 Posts
  • 214 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@garethm 

I would suggest that you consider contacting O2 via social media ; the footer of @pgn's post contains all of the contact details.  

Message 7 of 7