cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News about O2’s Home Broadband and Home Phone Service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

We have reached agreement with Sky for them to acquire our consumer Home Broadband and Home Phone business.

For more information on what this means, read more here: http://o2lin.kr/Z1CRJT

If you’d like to read our press release, it’s here: http://o2lin.kr/Z1zF10

O2 Social Media Team

Message 1 of 379
378 REPLIES 378

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
The Yahoo! Mail service does not have IMAP so pretty useless for me. (Also why I can't use Outlook.com mail.)

Yahoo has IMAP: http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&y=PROD_MAIL_MOBILE&locale=en_US&id=SLN3361

It says "mobile devices" but it works on all.

My point was the Sky version of Yahoo! Mail explicitly says it does not support IMAP on desktops.

Message 341 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know it starts in the autumn but my point was that judging by peoples experiences and letters it seems Sky are taking over the operation already rather than in the Autumn or next year.
Message 342 of 379

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

They have only taken control of the business, you will still be on the O2 network.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 343 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My point was the Sky version of Yahoo! Mail explicitly says it does not support IMAP on desktops.

Yup, Sky pass on the official line from Yahoo, i.e. no IMAP support for desktops. However it does actually work anyway, since you can't block IMAP from specific clients.

Message 344 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wonder how many support staff will be left after the announcement of the redundancies and transfers to Capita

Item from local rag reads:-

PLANS to outsource thousands of call centre jobs by Telefonica O2 have been branded ‘a betrayal of staff’ by unions.

A shock announcement on Tuesday has confirmed that up to 600 people could be made redundant from four sites and more than 3,000 transferred to Capita.

The move will affect around 1,000 staff at the O2 call centre in Preston Brook, and many more in Glasgow, Leeds, and Bury.

Andy Kerr, deputy general secretary of the Communications Workers Union, said: “We’re gravely concerned about the future of these jobs as how will savings be made if not through attacks on jobs and terms and conditions?

“These are decent jobs paying around £3 an hour more than other Capita call centre staff.

“A cut in pay would be bad news for the local economy and a disaster for families.

“People are being dispensed with in a cold accountancy exercise designed to save money.

“This is a betrayal of staff who have built this company and made it successful.”

02 says it is investing £50 million extending its partnership for a further 10 years to expand digitally led customer services.

An O2 spokesman said: “Around 828 people will be subject to a transfer to Capita.

“We need to stress that for most people they will be doing the same or very similar job in the same building.

“There will be no compulsory redundancies. The affected people will see no significant changes to the contractual terms and conditions.”

Feilim Mackie, sales and services director at Telefonica UK, said: “Soaring smartphone usage and mobile internet has fundamentally changed what people expect from customer service.

“Customers want a broader and more flexible way to contact companies.

“That’s why O2 has today announced a comprehensive plan to make sure we continue to serve our customers in new, innovative, digital ways and maintain our leadership in customer experience.”

Message 345 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Wonder how many support staff will be left after the announcement of the redundancies and transfers to Capita

O2 Broadband customer support seems to have been moved to Sky call centres already, so that will account for some of the job losses.

Message 346 of 379

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Feilim Mackie, sales and services director at Telefonica UK, said:

“Customers want a broader and more flexible way to contact companies.

No they don't, they just need someone to answer the phones! Smiley Mad

We are seeing complaints here of people waiting hours in some cases.

O2 as I see it have two choices, either man the phones properly or make sure the website works so people can avoid calling.

Right now neither is working effectively.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 347 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just moved to EE and they turned on the Internet when they said they would, they dealt with the MAC quickly and were polite in welcoming me. I can't complain about the customer service so far. Since the MAC code was sent to O2 I've had a letter and 3 emails asking me to reconsider and stay with them. That isn't the O2 I know from previous times when my contract came up for renewal I asked them what deal I could have to stay with them, there was no pressure or emails asking me to stay. This must be the Sky corporate getting involved.

Message 348 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wonder how long O2 will remain under Telefonica ownership ?
Message 349 of 379

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I wonder how long O2 will remain under Telefonica ownership ?

Oh no, not another conspiracy theory......!!!! Smiley Surprised:smileyhappy:

Message 350 of 379