cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News about O2’s Home Broadband and Home Phone Service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

We have reached agreement with Sky for them to acquire our consumer Home Broadband and Home Phone business.

For more information on what this means, read more here: http://o2lin.kr/Z1CRJT

If you’d like to read our press release, it’s here: http://o2lin.kr/Z1zF10

O2 Social Media Team

Message 1 of 379
378 REPLIES 378

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

There is nothing that can be updated until the sale is confirmed.

No doubt as soon as that is done further information will be given out.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 231 of 379

Paultrust
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 18 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So at last we have a possible date when the OFT will rule on the deeply unpopular decision to sell us to Sky, it gives us a couple of weeks to mobilise and register our concerns to the OFT, I don't know if it can happen but it might be worth a try objecting directly to OFT see if we can stop this nonsense in its tracks.  Or is it going to be a mass exodus on the 17th May I am sure we would be most welcome at the likes of Plusnet. I certainly won't be sold to Sky how about you ???

Message 232 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable
Paultrust I am sorry but the deadline for comments and objections on the OFT website is 4 April. The decision is pending with OFT so we will know by 16 May. Everyone hopes either O2, BE or Sky will have second thoughts and pull out after the objections.
Message 233 of 379

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

No reason for any mass exodus, it will still be your choice of going to Sky or not, and it could well be many months before this starts.

In my own case I have a BT line and there is no way Sky can take on that line without my permission as it's not allowed.

I'm still happy to wait and see what they are going to offer and if it doesn't suit me I shall go elsewhere.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 234 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a friend who was moved to Sky after the ukonline takeover. They did NOT take over his BT telephone, which he still has. We cannot assume they will force you to switch to their phone service. I am in the same camp as Perksie, wait and see what happens before doing anything - it looks like nothing will now happen until my current BT line rental saver comes up for renewal in November, I will decide the way forward then.
Message 235 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was initially happy to stay and see what Sky has to offer. However, having never had problems in all the time I have been with O2, I have had 2 drop outs and today there are problems with E mails. The O2 tech confirmed that it was all over the network and would take up to 24 hours to sort. It has been 5 hours so far.

I hope that this is not the beginning of a deterioration of the service or I while join the ' jump ship' brigade

Message 236 of 379

Paultrust
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 18 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I guess my own case is different in my deep distrust of Sky and The Murdoch Link, I am sure I am not alone in this  I am advised there is a significant ethical issues being related to the Homophobic views of certain elements within that organisation which I would personally and I would find deeply uncomfortable, This is a problem I have never faced being an O2 customer. 

Message 237 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I have a friend who was moved to Sky after the ukonline takeover. They did NOT take over his BT telephone, which he still has.

UK Online sent out MAC codes to everyone and said "find a new provider or we will cease your line". No-one was moved automatically, everyone chose a new ISP and signed up manually.

Message 238 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable
I notice that despite promises from o2 community board moderators to keep us up to date no additional answers are on the q&a site. Will 16 May be the next time it will be updated after the regulator's decision?
Message 239 of 379

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I notice that despite promises from o2 community board moderators to keep us up to date no additional answers are on the q&a site. Will 16 May be the next time it will be updated after the regulator's decision?

I suspect there is nothing to update until the deal is approved.

Message 240 of 379