cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News about O2’s Home Broadband and Home Phone Service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

We have reached agreement with Sky for them to acquire our consumer Home Broadband and Home Phone business.

For more information on what this means, read more here: http://o2lin.kr/Z1CRJT

If you’d like to read our press release, it’s here: http://o2lin.kr/Z1zF10

O2 Social Media Team

Message 1 of 379
378 REPLIES 378

Anonymous
Not applicable

Received a letter today about Sky taking over o2, am not happy about this as it cuts our choice of servers on broadband when this we are given a firm date I will seek a better deal.

Message 191 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable

Leonard, Toby,

You seem to be the official route to getting answers. 

I have recently signed up for another 12 months with o2 and was dissapointed to have received a letter informing me of the Sky purchase news. I am in my 14 days cooling off period so may be able to exit.

Please can you attempt to answer the following questions for me:

1. Confirm that I will continue to have access to ADSL2+ Annex M providing 2.5Mbit/s upload speed as opposed to Sky's limited 1.3Mbit/s.

2. Confirm that I will continue to have a static IP.

3. Confirm that I will be able to continue using my own Draytek router.

4. Confirm that the call pricing will be unchanged (particularly rates to 08 local rate numbers).

5. Confirm that if any of the above cannot be met, that I will be able to end the contract without penalty.

Best regards.

Message 192 of 379

Paultrust
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 18 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I wonder if there is any news about the regulators referal perhaps Toby or Leonard are able to timescale this I know for sure that if this selling of us goes through I am off, if however it fails I will sign up for a new contract with O2 but not with Sky I have no confidence in that company at all and would choose to not have any services if they where the only choice.

Message 193 of 379

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

5. Confirm that if any of the above cannot be met, that I will be able to end the contract without penalty.

You cannot leave your present contract, the other questions can't be answered yet until the info becomes available.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 194 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable

Surely if you're within your 14 days you can cancel. Outside that I accept it can't be done, but the 14 days applies to all contracts of any sort done by phone, on-line or (I think) on paper as well.

Message 195 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable
Toby. How can there be no fundamental changes to my contract if sky don't do mobile phones. Surely they can't give me my mobile phone/broadband deal. Will I lose my £5 discount?
Message 196 of 379

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Out of interest if you stay with O2 for the mobiles as I certainly am but migrate to another ISP does that reduction still apply?

the 20mb is the free email that anybody can have with o2 and is the standard for non broadband accounts.

So if you leave o2 broadband your email reverts to 20mb storage

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 197 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable

The question of email space is a tricky one for me. As I may have mentioned before I am the webmaster for the local camera club and as part of that I get emailed a lot of images for inclusion in the website. These are usually fully size and then I may have to reduce them for publishing to the site, but it is quite normal for me to receive well over the 20MB limit in one day. With the new arrangements I would have to ensure I was checking for new images every few minutes which is clearly impractical. I am waiting to see what will happen and when (I don't know when the 20MB limit will come into force - April or migration?) but I need to know well in advance as I have to change the arrangements for over 150 members, some of whom do not attend regularly.

Clearly I need some information and fairly soon.

Message 198 of 379

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

The question of email space is a tricky one for me.

Why not just set up another email account with GMail and notify all your contacts?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 199 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd prefer not to really, unless I have to. The current arrangements have been working fine and I'm of the "if it ain't broke don't fix it school". I will change if I have to but to what would be an interesting question - Gmail would be out as I use it at the moment sync'd to my mobile phone and I don't want that being loaded up with all the emails and images from members.

Message 200 of 379