Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Community Manager

Re: New Community homepage is live! :)

[ Edited ]

Hey @jezza1234 glad to hear you found it. It's very different from what we've had for years before so understandable that it might take some time getting used to! What do you think of the general feel of the new page? Smiley Happy

@Cleoriff The menu at the top is the one used elsewhere on the O2 website now, if you remember it was updated some time ago, but our community was still using the old version. We had to make it consistent with the rest of the website. Good to get some feedback around that as well though - cheers for the comments. Smiley Happy

You mentioned that when you login to the community, it also logs you in to My O2. Did I understand correctly? Let me know if you meant something else and we'll have a closer look. It's the same as in the past, you need a My O2 account to be able to use the community. 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Level 63: Greatness Assured

So far, I'm giving it a big 'meh'. Having to do too much scrolling. The O2 photo is much too big. Needs a fair amount of tweaking, I think.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Topics: 674

[ Edited ]

@Marjo wrote:

@Cleoriff You mentioned that when you login to the community, it also logs you in to My O2. Did I understand correctly? Let me know if you meant something else and we'll have a closer look. It's the same as in the past, you need a My O2 account to be able to use the community.

That's what I meant (only it doesn't ALSO log me into My O2, It ONLY logs me into My O2) @Marjo

I access the forum from my email notifications. When I did that this morning it took me to the new homepage which is fine ...but the only option to sign in is here (where I have highlighted in yellow)

When I did that it signed me into My O2?? I don't want My O2. I want to log into the forum!

O2 header sign in.PNG

*The Game Is On*

Community Manager

Ok thanks for the screenshot, that's very helpful, I got what you meant now @Cleoriff! So when you login from the top where you highlighted, that's the My O2 side of the login so will take you to My O2 instead of the community. You'd need to use the login function that's displayed on the community homepage, or click "reply" on any thread, and it will prompt you to login.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!

signature

How do I get back to the homepage once I'm logged in @Marjo?

I have just tried to do that and got this....

Hello Cleoriff, Welcome back. Here are your latest posts.

So once logged in...how do I navigate back to the homepage?? Confused

*The Game Is On*

Community Manager

That's the top part of the homepage - you can see (when you're logged in), a recap of your latest posts at the top. It's only visible for yourself and when you click view all at the bottom of that module, it takes you to the page where all your latest posts are listed.

Additionally, when you click on the "O2 Community" in the header image, above the search bar, that also takes you to the homepage. Smiley Happy

signature

Topics: 545

I have my bookmark as the unread page so I do get a prompt to sign in straight away. I'm not keen on all the changes and it seems difficult to find how to post a new thread in an individual section such as off topic? Not keen on such wholesale changes but like everything else in life we will get used to it.

@Marjo wrote:

Additionally, when you click on the "O2 Community" in the header image, above the search bar, that also takes you to the homepage. Smiley Happy

No it doesn't @Marjo

O2 Community header.PNG

When I click on the part you mentioned (which I have highlighted, it takes me to this again

Hello Cleoriff, Welcome back. Here are your latest posts.

No sign of the home page!

*The Game Is On*

Topics: 69
Kudos: 157

So far i am not liking it i normally get home from work and have a quick look at new posts but all i could see was my threads i dont want to see them. 

Will be back later i not in mood to try and fathom out how to read posts i want lol

Community Manager

Hey @Cleoriff, trying to figure out what might be happening for you. What happens / what do you see when you try scroll down from the "Welcome back. Here are your latest posts" part? There should be all the new homepage elements visible when you scroll down that I've listed above in the OP, starting with these in my screenshot below:

Homepagescrolldown.png

signature