O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Level 4: Observant

Re: New 4G Locations - Updated Weekly

Who looks after the north is it vodafone or o2 there alot of blackspots up here like indoor im on band 20 aswell
Anonymous

Depends exactly where in the North you are, broadly speaking it's Vodafone to the western half of the country and o2 to the eastern half, with a few exceptions (such as Scotland being mostly an o2 area).

St helens and rainford
Anonymous

You are firmly in Vodafone hosting territory then

Can they make it an o2 area tho only askin
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

That's for o2 and Vodafone to negotiate and discuss in their infrastructure sharing agreement! As with commercial based contracts, we'll probably hear nothing about it until it happens and neither o2 or VF will divulge to non-staff any details. Worth noting though,where project Beacon has been "unwound" across various bits of London it has helped massively for both networks.

Things should still improve though across the rest of the country. o2 run areas such as Brighton and VF run areas such as Liverpool have both recently gained new spectrum from 3G/2G refarming (2100MHz and 1800MHz networks that were either 3G or 2G now being used for 4G), so hopefully it'll only be a matter of time before this ends up making its way a bit further out of the city centre and as far as where you are in St Helens.

Ok thanks
Level 1: Joiner

4G signal is useless without capacity. If I had a penny for every time I did a speed test and got below 2Mbps I'd be rich.

There were countless times during the world cup that I couldn't even watch BBC iPlayer it ITV Hub for the match!

Something needs to be done asap
O2 Social Media Team

Hey peeps,

We've announced more O2 4G in these locations in Clwyd, Wales:

- Llandrillo

- Gellifor

- Whitford

- Llangynhafal

- Rhos