Did you mean: 

My O2 Extras are here!

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi everyone! How are you doing today?

We have some exciting news to share: O2 has this morning launched O2 Extras, which means even more flexibility and value for our customers.

This is something you can choose based on your interests together with your Custom Plan, helping you get the most out of your downtime!

See more information below, and let us know what you think in the comments. slight_smile

O2 Extras

So what exactly is O2 Extras?

From today, when you upgrade or take out a new handset, tablet or SIM-only contract on selected Custom Plan tariffs, you will get to handpick an extra - on us! The extras will be included for a period of 3-6 months depending on the chosen tariff, after which you will have the convenience of managing you paid subscriptions through MyO2.

What extras are there?

There are some fantastic extras for you to choose from, and we're adding more all the time. The most up-to-date list can always be found here.

• Amazon Music Unlimited: unlimited access to 50 million songs on your favourite devices! (£9.99 after the gift period)
  • Amazon Prime Video: watch popular movies, TV episodes and Amazon Originals (£5.99 after the gift period)
  • Audible: take your pick from the world's largest selection of audiobooks! (£7.99 after the gift period)
  • O2 International Bolt On: call international mobiles and landlines from just 1p per minute. Normally £3, this extra lasts for up to 36 months or until you upgrade.
  • Cafeyn: get unlimited access to hundreds of magazines, all in one place (£7.99 after gift period)
  • MelodyVR: experience sold-out shows, intimate performances and far-flung festivals in incredible virtual reality (£9.99 after the gift period)
  • McAfee Mobile Security Plus: protection from malicious activities and keeps your personal data, your online transactions, and online surfing experience secure. (£4.99 after the gift period)
  • Calm: The #1 app for sleep, meditation and relaxation. Includes hundreds of Sleep Stories, music, meditations, nature soundscapes and more, to help lower stress, relax and sleep better. (£5.99 after the gift period)

Note that, apart from the International Bolt On, the above extras are only available to new customers of that particular service.

What are the tariff levels?

Tariff Handsets on Custom Plans SIM only Tablets on Custom Plans
1GB Up to 4GB no extra Up to 11 GB no extra Up to 9 GB no extra
10GB 5GB to 29 GB 3 months of extra 12GB to 49 GB 3 months of extra 10GB to 49GB 3 months of extra
20GB 5GB to 29 GB 3 months of extra 12GB to 49 GB 3 months of extra 10GB to 49GB 3 months of extra
30GB 30 GB or more 6 months of extra 12GB to 49 GB 3 months of extra 10GB to 49GB 3 months of extra
40GB 30 GB or more 6 months of extra 12GB to 49 GB 3 months of extra 10GB to 49GB 3 months of extra
50+ GB 30 GB or more 6 months of extra 50 GB or more 6 months of extra 50 GB or more 6 months of extra

Check out more info on O2 Extras on our website here and this morning's press release here. slight_smile

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
That's good makes it better for people more perks the better
Message 2 of 15

JAZZ-trad
Level 13: Prompter
  • 890 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes good for o2. Hope people enjoy it.
Message 3 of 15

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Makes sense, a lot of people enjoy the added extras. I used to enjoy the free prime from another known network, shame their service didn't match
Message 4 of 15

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Nice one O2. They seem to be trying to compete with other networks at the moment and the new sim only tariffs are more competetive. I've just upgraded to 100GB for £20/month.

Message 5 of 15

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Nice one O2. They seem to be trying to compete with other networks at the moment and the new sim only tariffs are more competetive. I've just upgraded to 100GB for £20/month.

There are better prices with the higher GB ...Not so much with the lower GB though....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 15

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Most customers want data these days, phone calls and texts come second to social media apps.

Message 7 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Yes I ran out of data when I was away (trying to stream Brazil F1 on Sky Go) The WiFi was rubbish in the holiday resort in Somerset. I had to buy a bolt on rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 15

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

What a bummer. I don't have Sky or Virgin at the moment as I cancelled the TV/WiFi package thinking I would be back home longer. It works out cheaper for me to get the O2 deal.

Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like O2 are taking a leaf out of EE’s book

Message 10 of 15