Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Highlighted
Topics: 545

Re: Kick-start your Christmas shopping this Black Friday with O2

Same as normal then!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Topics: 266
Kudos: 468

@MI5 wrote:
Same as normal then!

GM @MI5

Will there be any form of compensation?

I ask in all seriousness

Maybe O2 hoodies ... Smiley Wink ...In late May the staff in the Skipton town shop said that their initial hoodie came free, but if you wanted another one it's cost them about £30ish each 

*possum si vollo* *per ardua ad astra*

I don't work for O2
Xperia L1 - The Android Army Marches Onwards
Acer Aspire 5750 laptop
Unlimited Sky Broadband
MI6 - Commander Jane TOP SECRET - Status 00 Licensed To Type - HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE + pic of a very young Lois Maxwell (have mug to prove it) - Promotion tbc to Data Entry
Highlighted
Topics: 716

Not answering for Rich of course but it appears this promotion eventually got underway (for some) yesterday Jane...  I do know from the O2 twitter feed ...that there were very many angry disappointed customers about..Smiley Sad I doubt any form of compensation will be offered....

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted
Topics: 570

Doubt they could offer any compensation at all. How would they work it all out? Not everyone would have been wanting one of the offers and how could they be sure just who did?

Highlighted
Topics: 266
Kudos: 468

But there is a thread, big launch, how disrespectful of the team here on the O2 Community forum ... truly I can't get my head round it 

*possum si vollo* *per ardua ad astra*

I don't work for O2
Xperia L1 - The Android Army Marches Onwards
Acer Aspire 5750 laptop
Unlimited Sky Broadband
MI6 - Commander Jane TOP SECRET - Status 00 Licensed To Type - HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE + pic of a very young Lois Maxwell (have mug to prove it) - Promotion tbc to Data Entry
Highlighted

Are O2 getting involved in Cyber Monday? It would be a good chance to gain some of the goodwill already lost on the very Black Friday for their customers. 

Highlighted
Former Staff

@jonsie wrote:

Are O2 getting involved in Cyber Monday? It would be a good chance to gain some of the goodwill already lost on the very Black Friday for their customers. 

Hi @jonsie, I shall find out any info and let you all know.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Highlighted
Former Staff

@WispaRed7 wrote:

But there is a thread, big launch, how disrespectful of the team here on the O2 Community forum ... truly I can't get my head round it 

Sorry to hear you feel that way Jane @WispaRed7  . Due to our patterns of work, we were not online at the time of the update. We always try and be as transparent as we can with info here on the community, but missed this update unfortunately Smiley Happy 

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Highlighted
Level 46: Trendy

@Toby having sent a tweet to the o2 twitter account they made no mnetion of the fact it was/wasn't run again on Saturday, so not sure you have missed anything.

From my point of view it is frustrating that there is a big push for any activity (promo sale, or priority or anything) and it fails massively - this is only one example, the Star Wars priority stuff is another great example.

If something exceptional activity or event is happening, with the furore around anything Black Friday or sale wise o2 should realise there will be a high level of demand and make sure the appropriate measures are taken to ensure it happens with a minimum of disruption.

I don't think there is an easy way to get this right - don't publicise it and be accused of not advertising, but advertise and not handle correctly and also get criticised...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Highlighted

It's a crying shame for a company that was once so innovative.  They are let down by poor IT support. They won website of the year, how did that happen when they can't deal with a Black Friday campaign. Priority....enough said.