Did you mean: 

Introducing community badges

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

I'm happy to announce the addition of a new feature to the O2 community, badges! Community badges are an award that you can earn by completing certain actions on the community such as creating topics, posting replies and various other activities. There are also badges that are not linked to statistics and can be awarded for taking part in various activities on the community like getting involved in beta testing or being a content creator. 😄

Community badges are just for fun and show off your achievements on the community or highlight your participation in various events and activities. 😎

Our first batch of badges will be awarded for hitting milestones on several different community activities which will be the following: 

• Creating topics 
  • Posting replies 
  • Receiving kudos 
  • Posting accepted solutions 
  • Completing your community profile 
  • Anniversary dates 

The badges you have recently earned will be visible in your community profile page and you can click "view all" to see all badges earned so far and the ones that you still have available to get. For those of you who have been on the community for a while you will have already earned quite a few badges and these will already be live on your profile page. 😉

Topics1.png

Replies1.png 

Kudos1.png

Solutions1.png

Anniversary1.png

Profile20.png

In addition to this first batch of metric based badges we have a special mysterious unicorn badge! How do you earn this one? Nobody knows?! 😆 Stay busy on the community and you just might find out. 😉

Unicornbadge.gifAs mentioned above, this is just our first set of badges. We have some fun plans for future badges and we'd love to hear your ideas for new badges and what members will need to to do earn them. All ideas are welcome no matter how silly or out there!

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

They'll be no fighting @Mi-Amigo. @pgn  would look far too silly in that get up! The title is mine!😂innocent

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 34

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35919 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1589 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

They'll be no fighting @Mi-Amigo. @pgn  would look far too silly in that get up! The title is mine!😂innocent

And you are welcome to it - no snow here, it was too busy hailing. 

Screenshot_20211127-095048.png

Arwen, really?

ur,pin_large_front,square,600x600.jpg

Message 22 of 34

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@pgn 

We understand alright. It's affecting I'm A Celebrity in Castle Gwyrich in Wales. I heard all about Storm Arwyn last night! They couldn't run the main show live as it would have been far too dangerous to get Ant and Dec and the outside production team from their site to the Castle.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 34

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12067 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

So just logged on this morning (busy weekend) and this was one of the first unread posts.

Didn't check the notifications straight away (normally get to those after stumbling around the unread posts for a while).

Then I spot it.

Yes, 37 notifications!

33 of those are for earning badges between 00:10 and 04:30 on 27th.

Amusingly I earned the 2, 3, 5 and 7 anniversary ones at the same time, but the 7 year one is first in the list!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 24 of 34

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

There are definitely some interesting badge names! 😆 We had a lot of fun coming up with them. Apologies for the notifications. It was not possible to disable the ones on the community feed. 

If anyone has any ideas for new custom badges please do share in the comments. We can make them for pretty much anything so all ideas are welcome. 😊

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 25 of 34

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12067 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

Is there a full list anywhere for ones that are currently active @Martin-O2 ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 26 of 34

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@gmarkj if you go to your profile and click "View all" you can see all the current active badges. The greyed out ones are badges you've not earned yet. 😉

signature

Message 27 of 34

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10767 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Hi @Martin-O2 

I  think there should be a 🐝  Bee badge.

Busy as a Bee badge 😊

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 28 of 34

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

@TallTrees wrote:

Hi @Martin-O2 

I  think there should be a 🐝  Bee badge.

Busy as a Bee badge 😊

I hereby award you the BUSY BEE badge 🏆

Message 29 of 34

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10767 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Great @jonsie 

Bee-utiful 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 30 of 34