Did you mean: 

Goodbye for now and and introduction to your new Community Manager

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

Today is my final day working on the O2 community. I've been part of this community for nearly 8 years and have seen it go from strength to strength! I've thoroughly enjoyed my time here and I've had many wonderful discussions, disagreements and most of all laughs when speaking to this fantastic group of members.  

I'm genuinely going to miss you guys and coming in to work on such an interesting community. Best wishes to you all and I'm sure we'll cross paths again at some point in the future. 

A big thanks to all previous Community Managers, especially @Breanna who has done a fantastic job during her time here! 

As my final act as Head of Community it's a great pleasure to introduce you to your new community manager, @Dave-O2! He's going to be taking the reins with the support of @Chris_K@ColinO2 and the moderation team

Hey everyone 🙂

My name is Dave and I’m the new Community Manager, who will be taking over from the incredible Martin and Breanna from 1 September. My promise to you all is to ensure that this Community will remain the place to be for discussion, chat, fun and so much more!  🎉

To introduce myself a bit more, I have over 15 years of experience working for O2, my latest role was as part of the Social Media team with vast knowledge of several different topics including Volt, where I was involved in creating the Mega Guide for this very Community.

My biggest passion outside of the workplace is football  , I have a season ticket for my favourite team, so you’ll find me on the weekends at the Etihad Stadium 🏟. Not a bad 2022/23 season 🏆🏆🏆 In the evenings, I love to settle down and get stuck into a movie or a series, I’m currently watching Invasion on Apple TV (available as an O2 Extra 😏) , which I recommend if you’re a fan of the Sci-Fi genre.

My top 5 films of all time in no particular order are Goodfellas, Inception, Gladiator, Braveheart & The Dark Night. 🎥 What are yours ? I also try to stay fit and aim to run 5km, at least 4 times a week, I completed this in 27 minutes yesterday and try and squeeze this in on my lunch break 

Going forward I’m really excited to get to know everyone and I’m sure we can all help and learn from each other, build solid relationships, and harness that Community spirit. ❤️

My PMs are open, so feel free to drop me a message, about anything 💌

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

Man's a city fan, almost ironic really.

I heard that Martin's replacement was gonna be an arsenal fan, done deal.. but apparently he bottled it in the last few weeks.

Message 31 of 41

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@viridis wrote:

Man's a city fan, almost ironic really.

I heard that Martin's replacement was gonna be an arsenal fan, done deal.. but apparently he bottled it in the last few weeks.

Very good 🤣🤣

Message 32 of 41

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 665 Posts
  • 40 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Updated footer @pgn @Mi-Amigo @Cleoriff 

updated.gif

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 33 of 41

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123164 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Dave-O2 wrote:

updated.gif

Just brilliant @Dave-O2 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 34 of 41

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36245 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

@Dave-O2 wrote:

That's a lot more like it, pure dead brilliant! 😆

Message 35 of 41

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25197 Posts
  • 816 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Looks brilliant @Dave-O2  👍

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 36 of 41

Pipstop78
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 558 Posts
  • 233 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Good bye for now and welcome the new ones to the team 

Message 37 of 41

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12116 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1126 Solutions

Hopefully I'm not too late to the party on this...

Sorry to see you both "go" @Martin-O2 and @Breanna . You have been a massive help and part of this community during your times here. I hope you will both drop in from time to time to catch up.

Welcome then to @Dave-O2 ! We are mostly friendly and sometimes sane here, so we'll see how you fit in...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 38 of 41

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 665 Posts
  • 40 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

@gmarkj 

giphy (1).gif

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram