Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone not bother reading the thread...?? O2 have tweeted that they HAVE NO INTENTION OF SUPPORTING WATCH 3!

Message 51 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem, but have issues with EE as I travel outside of EU a lot and they do not have a daily charge for calls, texts and data, their call charges are exorbitant !

I think the problem is the majority of network providers are loathed to switch to E-Sims because its a huge loss of power for them. It basically means they would have to offer their tarriff on the device in a list with all the other providers which could make things very competitive and uncontrollablefor them.

Apple already has tried E-Sims on the ipad as they are keen to get rid of sim-cards for space on their device issues (and maybe because they want cheaper data and see this as a fairer way to offer it) for international network operators, although incredibly easy to use the tarriffs offered at the moment are quite expensive.

EE have been bold in their move, they just need to review their international roaming charges.

Message 52 of 1,685

Hughmungus
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
Why would they write off the outstanding balance on your current phone?
"On us" means that they will not charge you an additional early upgrade fee, not that they would write off £300+ of a phone that you get to keep...

Thanks for the info, think I may have already been aware that they wont pay off such a huge amount but your input is welcome.

What I was aluding to is the slightly misleading adverts that make it sound as thought they are doing us a favour which they clearly arent and nothing I can see is actually "ON US".

Message 53 of 1,685

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey everyone,

As we're still seeing some questions asking about it, I wanted to be clear and clarify that O2 will not be ranging the Apple Watch Series 3 from launch but we continue to review our range of products and services to ensure that they meet the needs of our customers.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 54 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

When will O2 have the Apple Watch 3 cellular sim?

Message 55 of 1,685

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

The watch 3 has no sim so until o2 launch a tariff which as @Chris_K says in this thread is not supported it will not be able to use the o2 network 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 56 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
So EE has the deal as exclusive network for the launch of the Apple Watch Series 3, but when will O2 start offering support? I don't really want to switch networks but if its going to be a few months..
Message 57 of 1,685

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

The only info we've had so far is that there are no current plans to range the watch unfortunately @Anonymous. This may of course change in the future as product offerings are constantly reviewed - keep an eye on the Community and also here  https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/coming-soon for any announcements in the future, but it's not something anybody's expecting anytime soon I'm afraid. 

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 58 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
So I'm planning on upgrading from my iPhone 6s to the iPhone x

But my current tariff is the £18 1gb per month which is totally sufficient for my needs all I see listed next to the iPhone x is a 10 gb package that seams to be £70

My question is double barrelled
1) dose this 70 include the device payment
And
2) is there any way I can get the iPhone x but keep my current tarrif
Message 59 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
1) Yes, that would include the device payment. See my point below though.
2) Simply put, no. You would upgrade to a new tariff. Only way to stay on your current tariff would be to buy the phone SIM free.

I would like to point out the following from the iPhone X page, under the prices you are quoting.

‘Prices are indicative and O2 reserves the right to change these prices up to and beyond launch day.’

Considering the price of the iPhone X, I highly doubt these prices will stay the same as indicated currently.
Message 60 of 1,685