Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just went on the web chat for fun.  I ordered on the 27th SG 256 for home delivery

Web chat man said another 2 weeks.  I remonstrated. He said why not call our dedicated team on this number...?

..rang number lady said its not a dedicated number its the usual customer services. She was very nice but said they have no clue on delivery...

Message 1541 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just went on the web chat for fun.  I ordered on the 27th SG 256 for home delivery

Web chat man said another 2 weeks.  I remonstrated. He said why not call our dedicated team on this number...?

..rang number lady said its not a dedicated number its the usual customer services. She was very nice but said they have no clue on delivery...

Hopefully good news for others with a Space Grey 256GB pre-order from 27th Oct, I've just had text and email confirmation that my tariff change has completed, which means the order is finally being processed and the phone should be on its way shortly I presume.

My pre-order was Space Grey 256GB X confirmed at 9:32am 27th Oct - and its a click and collect in store.

Edited just to say that in MyO2 my order is showing as completed, despatched today, so presumably I'll be nipping in to my designated O2 store tomorrow to collect... upside_down

Message 1542 of 1,685

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Below is from a Facebook comment where O2 said "get the brand new iPhone X" Ridiculous! 

2.jpg

Looking at the delivery estimates quoted on our website on 1st November, it would have been 'More than 6 weeks' for the 256GB Space Grey and 'Up to 4 weeks' for Silver. Those ETA's were given based on our stock intake expectations from Apple, at the time.

As you ordered over 3 weeks ago, demand has changed, as has our stock expectations - thus, someone ordering today may wait less time than someone who ordered weeks prior. This isn't a quirk of O2 - that's just how supply and demand works, especially when supply and demand both change - however slight. The same can be said for other networks and even Apple direct - all their delivery ETA's have changed over the past few weeks and shows the same sort of trend.

However, I need to stress that we dispatch iPhone X in the order they are purchased and in general, you will receive your iPhone before someone who ordered after you. If you cancelled your pre-order and made a new one, this will extend the time you're waiting for the iPhone. Hypothetically speaking, your pre-order would have arrived before the new order, had it not been cancelled. It would also effectively reset our 'reward your patience' promotion, where we credit you for each day you're waiting to receive your new iPhone.

Message 1543 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

"However, I need to stress that we dispatch iPhone X in the order they are purchased and in general, you will receive your iPhone before someone who ordered after you."

This:  not 'definitely' but 'in general' 

Message 1544 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well there cant be long now for us who ordered the sg 256 iphone x on or near 27th october if its saying up to 2 weeks so good luck all slight_smile

Message 1545 of 1,685

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

"However, I need to stress that we dispatch iPhone X in the order they are purchased and in general, you will receive your iPhone before someone who ordered after you."

This:  not 'definitely' but 'in general' 

I wanted to be as precise as possible for everyone, as there may be some cases where two orders are made at the same time, with one destined for store collection and one for home delivery. Due to logistics, one may arrive slightly before the other (a day or two at most of a difference).

For home deliveries though, there is no such differences - these are sent out in order and that's a 'definite'. Not a 'general'.

Message 1546 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI just thought i'd let everyone know, i ordered 256 SG on 28th sometime around 6am, just got my tariff change text and email for delivery (home delivery). guess it should be here tomorrow.

Message 1547 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
I ordered SG 256 on the 27th at 7pm for store collection... I got sick of waiting for answeres so Monday I made a complaint through resolver, same s*it as everyone’s had... misinformed by LC and no eta as to when I would receive my handset... my complaint was upheld yesterday and I was given £30 off my next airtime bill.. low and behold today I’ve had a tariff update and my handsets on the way... I’m not one and have never been one to complain but by the looks of it, it works ! Also I can’t see that 02 are actually working this process on “first come first serve” from what I’ve been reading on this thread for the last 4 weeks that can’t be the case.
Message 1548 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

I suppose ill have to wait for a day to see if i get an email seeing as people are getting them after i ordered, if this is the case i can see a major complaint being put in.

but its good to see space grey is finally making its way round people

Edit: just got my email saying my order is on its way. So lets see if we all start seeing our orders fulfilled 

Message 1549 of 1,685

mgd19
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all.

I ordered the SG 256GB iPhone X on the 27/10 at around 11.45 am. 

Just got a text confirming change of tarrif, and order says complete on MyO2 with a dispatch date saying today. This was for click and collect and the store told me it will most likely be ready to pick up tomorrow or Saturday.

Hopefully helps provide some info/reference for waiting time for others in similar situations.

Also, someone mentioned above with regards to complaining about misinformation given. I complained via Resolver, and they agreed with me that my complaint was well founded, and as a result offered me £75 to go towards my airtime balance. If you've been given false information via the Live Chat - such as specific delivery dates, or if they tell you they've put your order on high priority/special delivery (the letter I received back from my complaint confirmed O2 do no such thing) - I'd suggest you get in touch!

Message 1550 of 1,685