Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

Robsa
Level 3: Thinker
  • 66 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Anonymous after telling you call back in a week!
Message 791 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Restoring files from icloud so so slow. The minutes remaining is going up not down, I guess everyone with a new phone is trying to setup at once.

Message 792 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
I’m so glad I went with the silver iPhone x it looks stunning, can’t believe space grey is the most popular.
Message 793 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
Picked mine up at 9am this morning the store was empty, I thought it would be queuing out the door, my pre order was effortless it really was, i have never had a problem pre ordering with o2 and I’ve changed my hand set every year since the iPhone 6.
Message 794 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine is sitting at home waiting for me.

All in all a smooth process from o2... cant complain! Enjoy guys 

Message 795 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi peeps,

I currently have space grey 64gb and as I don’t use that much space ordered the X/10 with the same capacity, sending my 6s 64gb for recycle as it is not needed as we all have one, told today the price you may receive will go down the longer you wait?! I have no other phone apart from my work one which I cannot use to swap sims incase a call comes through. I do not understand pre-order? O2 were quick enough to take £210 on Tuesday yet then try to take more due to there inept service! Not happy but I have spoken with o2 service and they are great to speak to, although I am a bit peeved.
Message 796 of 1,685

Robsa
Level 3: Thinker
  • 66 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I arrived at the store and they asked if I had a text with a four-digit pin.  I said no.  They told me they can't do anything without it.  I said can you check and see if it's even in store?  A moment later a girl arrives holding it in her hand.  Guy checks the computer - some staff memeber didnt send the texts out!

Ten minutes later I'm leaving with my new phone!  First impression: OMG the screen!  I always thought the iPhone 7+ screen was good (and I came to thast from a Samsung QHD screen) but man, this screen is just another level.  Now the tedious process of updating to 10.1 and then restore.... yaaawn

Message 797 of 1,685

LauraMc1987
Level 1: Joiner
  • 19 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My phone will be delivered by DPD between 5:20 and 6:20 this evening!! Beyond excited!

Enjoy your phones guys!! 🤩
Message 798 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive been quie lucky and its been fairly straight forward.

Confirmation at 08:44 on 27th.

Kept checking my order but nothing, then late last night the tracking number appeared and a despatched date of the 2nd, so i was a little hopeful.

Hadnt heard from o2 about the store delievery so decided to pop in as was passing.

Went in at 12, was told it hadnt arrived but was 'expected' and I should get a text to say it was in store.

Thanked them and walked off, got about 300m up the high street and blow me, the text came in.

Walked back and was all sorted.

I know there should be far more information given, but must be difficult with thousands of orders and worried customers.

I hope no one has to wait too long and everything works out.

Enjoy the phones people.

Message 799 of 1,685

Dave111
Level 4: Observant
  • 44 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

just used the above to transfer from my iPhone 7 plus to my shiny new iPhone X

It is really cool, sees you have a new device and you can kick off the transfer between the phones seamlessly cool

Message 800 of 1,685