Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any thoughts on why my 64GB SG ordered 7:48 for home delivery with DPD was shown shipped 1st November and I got tracking number at 10am yesterday is still showing as in Leeds and says "We've received your order details, and we're expecting your parcel shortly"? If DPD have not got the parcels yet why would I get a tracking number so early. 

Message 681 of 1,685

Calumthomas
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Mine shows as shipped on the 31st but still says this! I’m a bit nervous haha, ordered at 7.55am

Message 682 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a heads up that on the DPD website it gave me the option to pick a delivery day and froday 3rd was one of the dates! Clicked it and got email saying it will be delivered on the 3rd

Message 683 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anybody with tracking info is surely getting delivery tomorrow!!

Message 684 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
Live chat just told me dispatch tomorrow and I’d probably get it on the 5th (Sunday).

In other words they’re useless and have no idea - I’ve still no text or email so not hopeful now. Despite the DPD tracking number
Message 685 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone any extra detail from DPD home delivery (more than in Leeds and "Your parcel is on its way" getting worried now.
My only Solis is that no one else seems to have one yet..
Message 686 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous @Anonymous else with A DPD Tracking no

Yes you are right, just selected delivery day and picked the 3rd.

This was not available earlier on...
Message 687 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

1st time I spoke to live chat, a few days after ordering: You can expect your iPhone in 4-5 weeks

2nd time I spoke to live chat, today, to check ETA: Good news! You will receive your iPhone tomorrow

3rd time I spoke to live chat, just to make sure: Yes, your iPhone will DEFINITELY come tomorrow. "You have my word" - exact quote

4th time I spoke to live chat, because no tracking info and the input from @Chris_K made me paranoid, "Even If I Request now it will be delivered on Tuesday . I am checking your account and the account shows it is out of stock if you were going to get the phone tomorrow by this time you would get confirmation ."

Total waste of time and incredibly frustrating. 

Message 688 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Joemoore28 and others, I also researched the release date. I also got the countdown e-mail from O2 of 08:01 on Friday 27th. I also expected the online/app system to fall over at this time, so I got up earlier and tried to start my order before the pre-sale time to position myself well to receive my new phone on the release day. If you were naive enough to think that you could start to log on at 08:01 and get you iPhone X tomorrow, then you will learn from your 2017 experience and will be better prepared for next years release.

We’ve all (I assume) got a phone today; we’ll all have a phone tomorrow; we’ll all enjoy our new iPhone X when we receive them! 

Message 689 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
UPDATE - DPD HOME DELIVERY

Following @Anonymous post selected 3 Nov. Refreshed after 5 mins - now states
"As requested, your parcel will now be delivered on Fri 03 November 2017"

Surely that is going to be it now..
Message 690 of 1,685