Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

Rik1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Currently stuck in checkout hell for nearly an hour now on the website... pah.Keeps stalling on the payment page and throwing me back to the card details section. 

Message 231 of 1,685

Dancamz
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 26 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

just realised i messed up in my rush to order....

ordered the 20GB tariff and just noticed theyre offering the exact same upfront cost 30gb tariff for only £1 extra a month 😞 

Message 232 of 1,685

ChrisWGC
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I ordered two iPhone X 256Gb, one in each colour, with orders confirmed at 07:37 for space grey and 07:49 for silver. Both said they'd be ready for collection on November 3rd.

I'd like to think that was true.....

Message 233 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks O2.  Its another iPhone pre-order mess up.

You've charged my bank account but the order didnt complete. Your site keeps looping back to me adding my card details over and over.  I thought I'd check my account and you've taken the £1134 - cheers!

Your swithed-on Online team said 7 - 10 days for the refund.

Your store said I'd need to speak to Customber Services. They would sort this out.

Your customer services said 24 - 48 hours for the refund but I would need to speak 'Online' as they can only deal with orders that have actually been placed.

So basically, you've charged me over thousand pounds, I've not ordered a phone and it may take 10 days before I can have another go and give you the oportinty to mess it up again.

Thanks. You've been great!

Message 234 of 1,685

ChrisWGC
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Also just to quickly add, I did the upgrades through the O2 app which was much easier than the website was last time.

Message 235 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Following this mornings (**Personal info**17) payment issues o2 was experiencing i hope that o2 are going to be prioritising iPhone X Pre-Orders in order of what time the upgrade/pre-orders was attempting to be made. The payment issues was not allowing the upgrade/pre-orders to be made as there was isssues with o2 which could only of been down to their own servers crashing. Therefore i really hope o2 prioritise the orders as the issue is clearly not the customers fault. I 1st attempted my order at about 8.10am and it failed because of the o2 payment fault. My order was eventually accepted at 9.35am when the payment issue was eventually fixed. When i was 1st attempting my order the status on o2's website was that the phone would be delivered by the 3rd Nov, When i eventually got my order to go through i was told it may take upto 4 weeks. I am absolutely furious and angered & I am strongly considering leaving o2 as i have issues every year when trying to upgrade my iPhone.

Message 236 of 1,685

Dancamz
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 26 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

7:37am??

what time did preorders go live? i went on at 7:50 and it was loading slow but managed to complete my order at 7:59 for the 256gb White model... do you think it'll arrive on Friday 3rd? 

Message 237 of 1,685

ChrisWGC
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The countdown in the email yesterday implied the preorder would go live at 8am, so that's what I was ready for.

I was making a coffee at about 07:30 and opened the O2 app out of curiosity and it let me through to place both the orders.

Message 238 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep this doesn't surprise me.

Surely thay cannot legally keep your money without providing anything for it?

My advice for anyone would be to walk into Carphone Warehouse etc and walk out the door with your new handset

Message 239 of 1,685

Robsa
Level 3: Thinker
  • 66 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

To anyone having problems on the payment page, it won't go through unless, after entering your long card number, a symbol such as Visa or Mastercard appears beneath the number.  Try refreshing the page, this seems to work for most people.

Message 240 of 1,685