Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

Dancamz
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 26 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

its frankly a joke that pre-orders go live in less than 4 days and we still have no information about how much they will be selling the phone for or the cost of the tariffs... hell, we dont even know the time on friday they will go on preorder yet. this is becoming a joke. 

Message 171 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

In the past, pre-orders have started at 8am but would be nice for O2 to confirm fo those after the handset

Message 172 of 1,685

NathanKenneford
Level 3: Thinker
  • 82 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Will o2 have enough stock to fulfil pre orders this time round?
Message 173 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was on live chat earlier and eventually (after about 20min and 2 advisors) they confirmed it is 8am preorders open however they couldn't tell me when more info would be out re tariffs.

The 64GB handset is enough for me but I was hoping they'd have a smaller data allowance and higher upfront cost available to the one tariff that is currently online. For example carphone warehouse got a £64pm for 26GB but £100 upfront. But apparently o2 chat say you can pay a lump sum off after 2 months to bring down monthly cost. Wasn't aware of this.

Seems unfair if all the networks are waiting until 8am Friday to release all of their tariffs in full as won't give anyone time to consider before preorder opens
Message 174 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also, can anyone explain, if I get a tariff which includes the yearly upgrade programme, if I don't want to upgrade and keep my phone for the full 24m, after 24 months when I upgrade (even if it is just 24 months and 1 day) can I keep that handset or would I always have to recycle it regardless of when it is? I don't want to be on a tariff where I have to hand my phone back/recycle it at any point as I give my old handsets to parents/will give to my kids. Thanks
Message 175 of 1,685

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous If you pay the full 24 months the handset is yours only if you take advantage of the offer do you return it 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 176 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am looking to get hold of the iphone X. I would like to preorder it when it becomes avaialable but i have some barriers to doing that.

I was told i wasnt allowed to upgrade because i had a disconnection 2 months ago and o2 require 6 months of payments to allow me to upgrade.

I am willing to pay off my current device plan but apparantly that doesnt count. 

Can anyone help me get hold of an iphone X with all this going on? An o2 employee i mean. One way or the other i will get an iphone X on pre-order. If i have to leave o2 to make that happen i will do that. I would rather stay with o2 indefinitely because i am happy here but must secure that X to facilitate my dopamine fix! 

Also, do pre-orders open online for o2 at midnight or are we literally unable to upgrade until 8am 27th?

If someone can call me to discuss this for 5 minutes that would be swell.

Message 177 of 1,685

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

all customers here @Anonymous so no one will call you only by ringing 202 will you get the answers you are looking for

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 178 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous I also confirmed just a couple of posts up its 8am. All networks/Apple are 8am in the U.K as far as I know.
Message 179 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
Been looking online and a lot of websites are showing sky mobiles different tariffs (however I can't find them anywhere on their own website!). They seem much cheaper than others that are already out, e.g starting at £42 for 500mb, £47 for 1gb, £52 for 5gb and 57 for 10gb all with no upfront cost.

Compare that to carphone warehouse and Vodafone who have already released their tariffs, in very surprised compared to usual iPhone releases the prices seem very different to each other. There's normally nothing to compare other than a slightly higher upfront for a slightly lower monthly cost but from what I've seen so far the prices vary quite a lot, anyone else think that??
Message 180 of 1,685