cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Text Campaign

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Guys,

Just to confirm that we’re contacting our customers who currently have 4G ready phones as we're giving them access to 4G for nothing!

All the details on this are here http://go.o2.co.uk/got4G

Only those who currently have a 4G phone but are on 3G plans can take advantage of this offer.

The messages you may receive about this will vary depending on whether you’re currently in an area that supports 4G or not. We’ll grant all customers who own a 4G ready phone access to this offer so you’re good and ready when 4G comes to your town.

We want as many people enjoying 4G as we can, at the moment our 4G could cover 17 million people in the UK!

This is part of our 2014 4G master plan, if you have any questions or thoughts- Let us know!

If you are one of the 600,000 customers who will enjoy free 4G, please do share some speed tests with the community too!

Thanks

Brad

Message 1 of 269
268 REPLIES 268

Anonymous
Not applicable

@smish wrote:
Thanks. I read through the thread again after I posted and saw that somebody said if you bought through cpw you won't get 4g. Not seen anything to confirm that, has anyone got a link or something which says that is the case?

In essence your on an o2 contract so buying through CPW shuld make no difference. 

Message 191 of 269

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144671 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
I think the free upgrade to 4G applies to all contracts (data allowance remains the same) but the tariff discount or data increase only applies to O2 direct sourced accounts - At least that's what we were told previously.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 192 of 269

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

I'll continue to feedback info to you from the team, but please format them clearly in a post here or send me a PM. I'll then post whatever i can retrieve for you slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 193 of 269

smish
Level 1: Joiner
  • 17 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Well that was all very easy - popped in to a store yesterday to get a new sim, and just used live chat to get switched to 4g. Got my contract through cpw if anyone is wondering. Very pleased, thanks for your help guys.
Message 194 of 269

Anonymous
Not applicable

@smish wrote:
Well that was all very easy - popped in to a store yesterday to get a new sim, and just used live chat to get switched to 4g. Got my contract through cpw if anyone is wondering. Very pleased, thanks for your help guys.

Fantastic,

Have you checked out what 4G speeds your achieving.

Be wary tho that running speed tests eat approx 40-50mb of data.

Message 195 of 269

smish
  • 17 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Only just swapped my sim and don't appear to have 4g yet - unless of course in my house I can only pick up a 3g signal! (postcode checker shows me on the edge of 4g). They did say it could take up to 24 hours though. I'll keep you posted!

Message 196 of 269

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try turning your phone off and on to help the reset.

Message 197 of 269

smish
  • 17 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, will do. Would help if the 4G set up assistant was working, then I might know whether it thinks I've got a 4G tariff or not! I get the text code and it shows my phone model, I click confirm and I get "something went wrong" 😞 even on different browsers.

Message 198 of 269

Anonymous
Not applicable

@smish wrote:

Thanks, will do. Would help if the 4G set up assistant was working, then I might know whether it thinks I've got a 4G tariff or not! I get the text code and it shows my phone model, I click confirm and I get "something went wrong" 😞 even on different browsers.

Possibly lots of people are using it !

You can check your own tariff in MyO2.

Sorry which phone are you using ?

Message 199 of 269

smish
  • 17 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

An S4 slight_smile Any idea where I need to look in My o2 to see if it says 4G?  Can see a 1GB UK data bolt on, would this show as a 4G data bolt on if it had been activated?

Message 200 of 269