Did you mean: 

Virgin > O2 Benefit

Macca72
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all

I've just been switched from Virgin Mobile to O2 mobile, all the info I've read says you get at least a double data boost, my Virgin pack was unlimited mins+txt and 10gig for £12:90 ( terrible I know). But after the switch im getting the same mins+txt but now I get 100gig!. Has anyone else had a similar boost? Im still waiting on my Virgin broadband speed increase though.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38260 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

You have to sign up for Volt, then wait about 14 days for it all to kick in, @Macca72 - Volt Megaguide 

They don't give it to you automatically. And address in your O2 contract and VM contract has to match *exactly*. Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38260 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

You have to sign up for Volt, then wait about 14 days for it all to kick in, @Macca72 - Volt Megaguide 

They don't give it to you automatically. And address in your O2 contract and VM contract has to match *exactly*. Good luck!

Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148997 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

@Macca72 

Looks like you alrady have your benefits applied.

Data is doubled with Volt benefits so you must have been signed up to the 50gb package. 

Your MyO2 will give you the base tariff details https://mymobile.o2.co.uk/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 5

Macca72
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I think I was mistaken in my post. I was switched to O2 mobile from Virgin mobile at midnight on 31st May and my data bonus was instantly activated,but from what I've read online the data boost is either double your data or unlimited data depending on what Virgin mobile pack you had.

I was getting 10gig data on my Virgin pack and was expecting a boost to 20gig of data, but I've been boosted to 100gig!

Has anyone else had a similar boost?

Message 4 of 5

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7812 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1643 Solutions

Not heard much regarding this on either forum. I would have expected 20GB as per  their write up. 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 5