Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 and virgin are incapable of sorting things out

macstorm
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So been trying for ages to get my Volt benifits on my O2 account, been with Virgin and O2 for quite a few years.

Spent an age on the phone to O2 at the weekend, they found an old address of mine that was linked to my account and fixed that, told me that all would be fine.

A few hours later I get an email from Virgin telling me to go and update my address and that they can not help (was an automatic email based on info O2 had sent them).

Checked my accounts again, and yes, both have the correct billing address, on the bills for both they have the correct billing address and I have taken out contracts with both companies from my current address so the credit checks must have matched up the addresses.

I only stayed with O2 because of Volt, if they cant fix this, is it a breach of contract and would therefor let me leave early?

Has anyone any idea on how to get O2 and Virgin to actually sort out their systems, as I have spent a lot of time both on the phone and in store trying to get this resolved.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144826 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

@macstorm 

I'd go straight to complaints https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Use Resolver

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

2VmQz
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Unless your address situation is complicated, & as long as your next bills both show the same addresses then they should be able to volt with a few messages in the o2 chat from their app.  

The chat is slow but as I explained on another post I had a difference, Virgin had Flat A in the address, O2 just had the house number.  

I provided the Virgin account number, explained it's the same address & it worked, although each O2 SIM needed the request to be made for volt to appear. 

The speed upgrade was automatic in Virgin & they sent out a new modem the day after without contacting Virgin.

I wouldn't trust The complaints procedures for either company to be honest, unless you intend to take it to the ombudsman

Message 3 of 3