Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone locked ?

Dino1968
Level 4: Observant
  • 82 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi im still paying off my contract 02 phone samsung s21 - but am wanting to use another sim in that device as i have a new phone. I did a factory reset on the s21 (which im still in contract to o2 with) then put in the giffgaff sim and get the error "unknown number" im abroad so was trying to use roaming data which giffgaff supports but no roaming - nothing. Is the phone relocked since factory reset or am i missing something else here ?

any advise appreciatedgifffff.PNG thanks

D.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149921 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28556 Solutions

@Dino1968 

Regardless of lock status a giffgaff sim will work in an O2 phone.

Unknown number simply means that there is no number stored on the sim card.

Your issue needs to be addressed by giffgaff but I suspect you simply need to correct giffgaff apn settings. 

https://www.giffgaff.com/help/articles/internet-apn-settings-guide

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 149921 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28556 Solutions

@Dino1968 

Regardless of lock status a giffgaff sim will work in an O2 phone.

Unknown number simply means that there is no number stored on the sim card.

Your issue needs to be addressed by giffgaff but I suspect you simply need to correct giffgaff apn settings. 

https://www.giffgaff.com/help/articles/internet-apn-settings-guide

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

Dino1968
  • 82 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you will read through and try this )

Message 3 of 5

Dino1968
  • 82 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

All sorted thanks was the Apn settings appreciate the support thank you

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 149921 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28556 Solutions

You're welcome @Dino1968 

Message 5 of 5