Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Service in Plymouth and Devon

NoSignalHere
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Does anybody know what is happening with the o2 service in Plymouth, Devon and the wider South West? There has been no signal at all in many areas and where there is supposed to be service it is too busy to be used. o2 aren't giving a complete explanation or remedy and only offering pitiful amounts of compensation for a coplete lack fo service. Does anybody know what is actually casuing these issues? What are my rights if I give up on o2 and move to another provider mid-contract?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10725 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3106 Solutions

@NoSignalHere 

You have no rights to cancel as per your contract that you signed and agreed to which state that they dont offer a fault free network. 

Unfortunately fixing Mobile Networks is a complex beast, and has many variables, which a lot are caused by Local Councils, Landlords and access to sites, and physically getting hold of hardware to fix issues. 

All networks are experiencing the same issues, it has taken EE nearly 2 years to get access to a Mast in Scotland to finally fix it, and I know Vodafone and Three have the same issues. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10725 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3106 Solutions

@NoSignalHere 

You have no rights to cancel as per your contract that you signed and agreed to which state that they dont offer a fault free network. 

Unfortunately fixing Mobile Networks is a complex beast, and has many variables, which a lot are caused by Local Councils, Landlords and access to sites, and physically getting hold of hardware to fix issues. 

All networks are experiencing the same issues, it has taken EE nearly 2 years to get access to a Mast in Scotland to finally fix it, and I know Vodafone and Three have the same issues. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147299 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28305 Solutions

@NoSignalHere 

Service status here O2 Service Status and is the only place you'll get any sort of info.

With regards to contract rights, see T&C's here https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 5

Goliathus73
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah same here it’s garbage 

Message 4 of 5

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 7785 Posts
  • 155 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@Goliathus73 

In what locations have you got issues ? 

Have you tried the O2 Service Status link as referenced by @MI5 above ? 

Message 5 of 5