Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

galaxy book pro 360

Dino1968
Level 4: Observant
  • 82 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Bought a Galaxy book pro 360 through my O2 account a few months ago. Today I notice a hairline crack across the screen. It has not been dropped or in any other way miss used. Does anyone know if this would be covered through Samsungs warranty as on checking screen replacements for this laptop are really expensive. thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Better to check with Samsung directly to be honest

I very much doubt O2 saying it's under warranty but you could always ask them

It seems that it's a common fault but getting Samsung or O2 to admit it may be difficult

Book Your Repair with an Authorised Service Centre | Samsung UK

Galaxy book pro360 screen broke : r/GalaxyBook (reddit.com)

The Most Common Galaxy Book Pro 360 Problems & Should You Upgrade? - Uptechable

Message 2 of 6

Dino1968
  • 82 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

yep sadly it is a common fault reading many people who are seeing cracks appear on the screen. And from what I have read Samsung refusing to accept this is a fault of the laptop so wont it seems cover a repair under warrenty. Only had it 3 months and paying for it monthly through o2 and now it feels like a heap of junk.

Message 3 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10377 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3043 Solutions

@Dino1968 

Check your household insurance if Samsung say it isn't covered. 

Unfortunately this is one of the problems with Samsung at the moment, poor quality control.. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 6

Dino1968
  • 82 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well not covered by warranty - Samsung say they never heard of this before which is not true as numerous reports of hairline cracks on this model. To repair is close to 600 quid. not worth it. Im now stuck with paying monthly for a device which has issues. I can still use it but the hairline cracks will get worse over time. So frustrating - all i did was open close lid as normal. Feels like I was sold a pile of junk. 

Message 5 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Yes Samsung refuse to accept there is a manufacturing defect in the ultra thin screens and want to put the issue down to user abuse

Not just Samsung either, most phone and tablet manufacturers deny responsibility for known issues

Message 6 of 6