Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling

Kevin16
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Poor wifi calling at my house. I have a full wifi bar on my phone but interrupted talking on the phone. Have to go outside to find a signal, which is very poor in my SP5 2HH area.Text messages are very slow to receive and this can only be speeded up by taking a walk outside. On the whole o2 are poor here and needs to upgrade its signal masts.

I have Phot voltaic cells on the rooff and battery pack now and cannot have an SSE smart meter because o2 do not provide a signal. Very poor and out of date. O2 spend money trying to connect the cities to 5G and the ignore the abscence of signal in rural areas, isolated communities need 4 G , for get the high tech. Why should we be isolated by telephone. Most people have ditched their BT line phone for mobile status. )2 does not accept that there are communities that wish to be 3 or 4 G compatible at least to talk to others and use the phone for other essentials as they would with BT.

Can you not do something about this in this day and age of teh speeds.

I only require 5 GB to 10 Gb of Data to use when driving or researching out and about, with no signal I am lost or unable to research online. Poor service. Using O/S maps for navigation in the countryside around here is sporadic to say the least. No signal and lost souls without telephone help either. Red phone boxes are gone. Poor service all round.

HMG want the country to be higher tech aware, communicating with equality in the technological ownership of data and telecommunications, what are O2 doing to achieve that goal?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6266 Posts
  • 47 Topics
  • 1433 Solutions

As we are all customers here there is little we can do about coverage.

I travel around the country quite a bit and find it is the same for all the networks. Yesterday where I was O2 was definitely the best signal. On the other side my Sister in Laws Village only has Vodafone and that has only happened in the last 18 months.

I'm concerned you say WiFi Calling is a problem as it should work even if there is no signal. I've set mine to WiFi Preferred so it will always use WiFi when it is available.

Obviously O2 is not the way to go for you. Might be worth trying PAYG SIM cards on other networks to find the best for your situation before committing yourself to a contract in future 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 2