Wifi calling

Debbsy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi , I have a 0neplus10t 5G.

How do I get wifi calling turned on?

My 02 accounts says it is enabled but the switch to turn wifi calling on and off is not visible in the sim and info settings as it should be. Doesnt seem to be an easy way to ask O2 to check it is properly enabled through the app. What a faff. Thanks for any help.

Thanks

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94087 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
Message 2 of 11

MI5
  • 149583 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@Debbsy 

You can message O2 on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG).

WiFi calling not available on PAYG either.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 11

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9367 Posts
  • 218 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Debbsy 

How do you find the OnePlus handsets ?

Pros and cons ? 

I have been tempted by them, but have never been brave enough to buy one !  

Message 4 of 11

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11616 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@Debbsy 

OnePlus and o2 have a rocky history (along with some other EU Networks) and have been known to bork the OS to not allow 5G and WiFi calling.

@Oxonian 

Dont bother its now a rebadged Oppo Phone, and if the rumours are right that have been going round they and Oppo are pulling out of the UK Market... 
Better buying a Nothing Phone tbh

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 5 of 11

Oxonian
  • 9367 Posts
  • 218 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Thanks @madasaf1sh, I was unaware about Oppo potentially withdrawing from the UK market so that's useful to know !   

Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 149583 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@Debbsy 

I've had a few different OnePlus devices and never had a problem with wifi calling.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 7 of 11

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7977 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1653 Solutions

Article in the Standard 

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/tech/oppo-oneplus-staying-in-europe-exit-rumours-b1070182.html#:~:te....

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 8 of 11

Oxonian
  • 9367 Posts
  • 218 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Thanks @Enlli for the link, will read it in a moment.  

Message 9 of 11

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12630 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions

Might be rumours, but the quote in the article was :

OnePlus told the Evening Standard: “OnePlus will not exit from Europe and the UK and maintains stable operations in local markets. OnePlus will continue to invest in Europe and provide more innovative product and solutions for its users.”

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 10 of 11