Did you mean: 

Wifi Extra

stevc999
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

One reason I ditched vodafone is because they don't support wifi on the underground. I understood with O2 you can use Virgin Mobile but every time I try it tells me 'Sorry this service is for people on O2' like I am not a customer. And then I try Wifi Extra which I also understand O2 customers can use but I am asked for all sorts of details I don't know (identity, Anonymous Identity, Password, EAP Method, Phse 2 authentication etc. 😰). Please can someone help as it is so annoying to change and not get online! I know 5G underground is coming but it'll be a few years so keen to get this sorted now. Thanks in advance for any help

Wifi Extra

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10215 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3013 Solutions

@stevc999 

4G is already in some locations on the underground, as is expanding all the time. 

The problem as we have discussed many times, is that Virgin Media Business are winding down the service, and have been for a while, and the reason Voda removed access was that it was unreliable, and causing service issues.  

It should work, are you on Android 12 or 13 by any chance. as there is a known bug with EAP based network authentication, which one day Google will fix. 

I would try EAP and then Sim Authentication. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 2