Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Calling not working

stevec1990
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The mother has a Samsung galaxy a15 5g. The wifi calling is turned on but is no longer working. 

The wifi calling is working on my phone so I'll assume it isn't to do with the wifi or network provider 

Help is much appreciated 😊

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38195 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

Could be your WiFi if it can't get an IP address from your wireless router @stevec1990 - a restart of the router after a reboot of the phone is recommended.

Message 2 of 11

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23902 Posts
  • 1042 Topics
  • 3769 Solutions

@stevec1990 If the suggestions from @pgn don't help contact Samsung: Product Help & Support | Samsung UK

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148703 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28438 Solutions

@stevec1990 

Try removing the sim (if a plastic one) and rebooting the phone, then insert sim with phone on (hot swap).

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 11

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 8913 Posts
  • 201 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

I assume @stevec1990 that your mother is on an O2 contract as WiFi calling is not available on PAYG.  

Message 5 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148703 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28438 Solutions

As it's turned on but no longer working, yes, otherwise it would not be possible to turn on.

Totally pointless post.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 11

Pentris
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I know this is an old post but issues still occur. I have just installed BT Whole Home WiFi. It does not support VO WiFi on my Redmi Note 10 Pro phones. Had to revert to my old WiFi which will be removed next week.

Message 7 of 11

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38195 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

@Pentris - if your Redmi Note 10 phone maintains a WiFi connection to the new BT WiFi equipment, than you may need to consider this to clear traces of the old connection from the phone and start afresh with the new WiFi AP: https://www.mi.com/uk/support/faq/details/KA-92735/

and

https://www.bt.com/help/mobile/fix-a-problem/i-ve-got-a-problem-with-wi-fi-calling---4g-calling/fix-...

Message 8 of 11

Pentris
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This still pending. Have had to leave both the old router wifi and the new wifi switched on to keep phones working. Will wait until after new fibre installed and old system switched off to see if this sorts it out. I know wifi calling has always been a flaky service but this is a puzzle.

Message 9 of 11

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 8913 Posts
  • 201 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Please keep us updated @Pentris on developments. 👍

Message 10 of 11