Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is O2 so poor at customer service?

Mart7Mcfl7
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Tried three times to migrate a PAG number under my account to a new PM also under my account. I've spoken with the overseas live chat team and they're laughable as to the customer service they provide. They simply ignore what you've said to them multiple times.

Only a few weeks ago they told me it was impossible to add an existing PAG number to my main account, even after phoning up and talking to a real-life person. After asking to be put through to a UK representative they hung up!

So now I've tried migrating this number to a new PM sim and it's failed three times, no one can even tell me why it's failed and to try migrating the number again (definition of insanity!) If I have to go through this poor service and hassle in order to get my family all under the same O2 account I might as well cancel everything and simply go to another provider which can provide better service.

If anyone has any inside information as to why a migration keeps failing please let me know

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Mart7Mcfl7 

There were issues with sim activations last week.

O2 said they were hoping to fix by last Friday but maybe @RafaC can get an update on this for us?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

Mart7Mcfl7
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, thanks for the information, but it seems O2 always has issues. The first migration tried was over a month ago. I had to cancel the contract under the cooling off period because it was taking so long to get something done. And that hurts my credit rating. If O2 have problems they should say when you start a contract.

Not let customers get a credit account knowing full well they can't migrate numbers - it's insane? Aditionally getting anything done with the number under my account is a nightmare, I'm the main account holder - I don't want O2 sending a verification text to my son's mobile, send it to the main account holder, you know the one that actually pays the bill.

I think I'm going to have to cut ties and move to a more family friendly provider where the adults have the full and only control over everything, changing everybody's numbers to new ones would be easier than the hassle I've had with O2 😞  

Message 3 of 11

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Sorry to hear about the situation you're facing @Mart7Mcfl7 

Thanks for the tag @MI5, I will check with the team over O2 to see if I can get any update on this. 

Message 4 of 11

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@MI5 the issues with SIM swap is sorted, but this is related to migration, so something else might be happening. 

@Mart7Mcfl7 I will PM you in order to get more information about your case and pass it on to the team. 

Message 5 of 11

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @O2Lisa could you please assist @Mart7Mcfl7 with this case, please? Thanks.

Message 6 of 11

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning @RafaC, of course I can.

@Mart7Mcfl7 I'll message you privately and look in to this for you slight_smile

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 11

Mart7Mcfl7
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just an update, Lisa sorted it out and first time I might add! I wish I could edit the heading of this thread as the customer service I just received was fantastic - nothing like Live-Chat at all.

Thanks @O2Lisa , @RafaC , @MI5 

Message 8 of 11

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Glad it's all sorted now @Mart7Mcfl7! Thanks for getting back on the community and letting us know 😊

Message 9 of 11

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

You're welcome @Mart7Mcfl7 😊

Glad it's all sorted for you. 

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 11