Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is my Apple Watch phone number?

jimthing0
Level 8: Talented
  • 412 Posts
  • 23 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I know it's synced to my iPhone's phone number (before someone says that!) – but I just need to know how I can find out the actual phone number for my Apple Watch device? 

I've searched on the Watch itself, the Watch app on my iPhone, and on MyO2 on the website – but the device's own phone number isn't listed anywhere...?  

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144495 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27699 Solutions

@jimthing0 

Have you checked your contract emails / paperwork?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

jimthing0
  • 412 Posts
  • 23 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

It's not listed there. 

Message 3 of 10

jimthing0
  • 412 Posts
  • 23 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Of course, O2 doesn't follow the way Apple advises carriers to show this info – as per T-Mo US customers can easily do: 

https://www.iphonelife.com/content/how-do-you-find-your-apple-watch-phone-number

That would easy for customers. Quelle surprise. 🙄

Message 4 of 10

jimthing0
  • 412 Posts
  • 23 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

AFAICT, the only way you can see such info that should be easily available for you to see, is to manually phone O2 customer services. 

Why do such basic things have to be made so difficult with O2. Every Single Time! 

Message 5 of 10

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36049 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1600 Solutions

Sounds like an exercise in futility, tbh, @jimthing0 - why would you want to know a number assigned to a device, a number that nobody can ring directly, and which is masked from the watch's owner anyway? The number assigned to a tablet or router SIM similarly exists but is of little practical use anyway - but as a physical SIM exists in that case, one can always pop said SIM into a phone and find out what it is by making a test call to another number as described in Guide: How do I find my own mobile number? 

Message 6 of 10

jimthing0
  • 412 Posts
  • 23 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
I know it's synced to my iPhone's phone number (before someone says that!)

Oh dear, someone can't read. 

Message 7 of 10

pgn
  • 36049 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1600 Solutions

@jimthing0 wrote:
I know it's synced to my iPhone's phone number (before someone says that!)

Oh dear, someone can't read. 

Oh dear, someone did read, but can't imagine why such things would matter? eSIM number 'transfers', like PAYG SIM swaps, result in a valid phone number being sacrificed, one which then gets subsumed back into the pool of useable mobile range numbers anyway. Ephemeral.

Message 8 of 10

jimthing0
  • 412 Posts
  • 23 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

No you did not read – I clearly said in the very first post the point of the thread was not to explain why, but rather how. There is no need to be so rude and entitled by ignoring that wish. 

Message 9 of 10

pgn
  • 36049 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1600 Solutions

Entitled inasmuch as you post a question and then proceed to select your own answer as the solution, I guess. A solution which you write requires that you "manually phone O2 customer services".

Your solution completely sidesteps the O2 Social Media Team who are best-placed to answer your query, leaving the call centre on 202 or 4445 free to deal with more crucial queries, ie. payment management questions. So it goes.

Message 10 of 10