Did you mean: 

What a weird fault !!!!!!

Keeth
Level 1: Joiner
  • 19 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Gurus,

Here's a fault for you to sip a coffee over please.

Both my wife and I are using O2. She has an Apple Iphone 12 and I have a Nokia G20 running android 11. Both up to date.

I can ring or answer a call to anyone without issue.

My wife can also ring or answer a call to anyone without issue.

However if I ring my wife, when she answers, she can't hear my voice and only hears white noise, but I can hear her voice perfectly.

By now, she knows it's me calling and so rings me back and both of us hear each other perfectly.

If I immediately call a different number in order to check, there is no problem with anyone else.

It is only applicable to a call to my wifes  phone.

So what about that then Gurus ?.................Any ideas please coz I'm stumped on this one.

Regards,

Keith

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Keeth
  • 19 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just got home, rang my wife and all is loud and clear again.....bemused !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 11 of 31

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149914 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28555 Solutions

@Keeth 

Could be an intermittent phone fault or a faulty sim card.

Pop into any O2 store and ask them to swap your sim as a first try, if not that, get the phone manufacturer to check it out for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 12 of 31

jonsie
  • 94335 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions
Message 13 of 31

Keeth
  • 19 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Latest,

Gotten hold of a separate sim card with another network inserted in my dual sim slot.

The o2 sim has worked some days and not the next as you well know with regards to my wife not hearing my voice.

Today I phoned my wifes phone using the o2 sim and she couldn't hear my voice.

I then selected the alternative sim instead and she heard me just fine.

Changed back to o2 and she could not hear me. Finally on the last call on o2 she heard me just fine.

So i'm not sure if this is an o2 sim problem or a network issue and why on some days and not others and why only when I phone her.

Crazy,

Any further ideas.

Message 14 of 31

MI5
  • 149914 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28555 Solutions

@Keeth 

Did you get a sim swap done yet?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 15 of 31

Keeth
  • 19 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

popped into to the o2 shop earlier today and did a sim swap. It hasn't kicked in yet, could take up to 24 hours. The guys there were as baffled as us. Hopefully this will cure it, if not I'll change my wife's sim aswel.

I will keep you updated

cheers

Keeth

Message 16 of 31

Keeth
  • 19 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Being a newbie I have already earned 3 badges and I must be close to getting weirdest fault of the year badge surely.........even though it's only the end of January....lol   I think you should invent that award for the future.   Haha.

Keeth

Message 17 of 31

MI5
  • 149914 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28555 Solutions

@Keeth wrote:

Being a newbie I have already earned 3 badges and I must be close to getting weirdest fault of the year badge surely.........even though it's only the end of January....lol   I think you should invent that award for the future.   Haha.

Keeth

Great idea for a badge lol @Martin-O2 

Message 18 of 31

Keeth
  • 19 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Update,

No joy,

when I ring her all she gets is white noise and crackles her end.  She phones me and it's fine.

I phoned her on the alternative networks sim and it's loud and clear.

When I phone other people it's fine and when other people call her it's fine her end.

What is going on here I ask myself. Maybe a sim swap for her is the next step ?

Regards,

Keeth

Message 19 of 31

Keeth
  • 19 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I should add that Location, as in, different areas has no affect, it happens on any cell tower connection.

Regards

Keeth 

Message 20 of 31