Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHEN will my post code/s get 5G?

PatB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I want to find out WHEN the postcode(s) where I live and where I work (in London) will get 5G (they don’t have it at the moment). The O2 coverage checker is no use because it doesn’t provide that information and I can’t get hold of anybody in O2 who can answer that question (in fact I can’t get hold of anybody in O2) so is there some way to for example get an alert when 02 5G becomes available in your area?  This is deeply frustrating because it is affecting when I would go to the expense of buying a 5G phone compared to the 4G phone that I have now - can somebody help I’m fed up with bots not answering such a basic question. Even an approximation would be useful.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@PatB O2 doesn't post timelines on the 5G rollout. This is a customer community. There's no one here that could answer that for you, and customer service wouldn't be able to tell you either. All 5G phones and sim cards are backward compatible. If you got one now you'd be able to use 4G as you're doing now and be ready when 5G comes to your area.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@PatB O2 doesn't post timelines on the 5G rollout. This is a customer community. There's no one here that could answer that for you, and customer service wouldn't be able to tell you either. All 5G phones and sim cards are backward compatible. If you got one now you'd be able to use 4G as you're doing now and be ready when 5G comes to your area.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

PatB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for taking the time to reply but I don’t really want to waste money on a 5G phone until I can use 5G. ! And it really is pants that in London of all places it’s not possible to find out from O2 when areas that don’t have 5G might get them in future  even if it’s only an approximate timeline.

Message 3 of 3