Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Voicemailo setup fail

A_Brit_Abroad
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Spoke to a helpful chap on the phone at O2, to get i-data activated for visual voicemail to functiopn and he gave me instrictions for my end which starts with dialing 1760 to deactivate voicemail.

Dialled 1760 and the final message I got was "Your messaging service could not be switched off - please call Customer Service".

I thought, okay, maybe its already switched off so I tried to call 1750 to turn it on first. The message I got was "Your messaging service could not be set up because we have not received your number".

So I thought I would check if my number was set up in the iPhone 11 (with e-SIM). I went to Settings - Phone - My Number- E-Sim and found the number is blank. I tried entering it in Uk format and international format (+44 .....) and no matter what I type, pressing save, does not result in the number being saved. 

Unless I can get the VM switched off I cannot follow the rest of the instructions. I have checked and VM is still active although I get no notifications of any kind for messages left.

Thoughts ?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@A_Brit_Abroad 

I'm assuming you are outside the UK now?

If so, I think you'll need to register your number on o2 in the UK for it to be picked up by the system. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12

A_Brit_Abroad
  • 15 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No, very firmly in the UK now.

I alos checked that WiFi calling is off as I found that mentioned on a much older thread.

Message 3 of 12

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Is it a new number?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 12

A_Brit_Abroad
  • 15 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Its an existing number which moved from PAYG to Monthly Contract about a month ago.

Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Should have been populated on all servers by now.
I’m afraid you’ll need to call o2 again.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 12

A_Brit_Abroad
  • 15 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Okay ta - thanks for your help

Message 7 of 12

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @A_Brit_Abroad did you manage to get this sorted?

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 12

A_Brit_Abroad
  • 15 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No, I'm afraid not.

Spent a couple of calls with an O2 help person who was unable to help - no matter what they tried, the VM will not switch off, which is the first stage in the process of activating VV.

It completely stumped the chap and he said it would need to be referred to the O2 back office. He ahd even gone away to try a few things and did actually call me back as promised

That was a couple of days ago and he said I should get a reply in about 72 hours.

Message 9 of 12

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @O2Kyle @O2Elliott @O2Ryan do you think you can help @A_Brit_Abroad with this?

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 10 of 12