cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to extend time to voicemail, MMI failure.

PeterC3
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am utterly fed up with customer support, I have been talking to them for two weeks trying to extend the delay to voicemail to 30 seconds. At their request I have entered all sorts of MMI codes all of which go through except **61*901*11*30# which generates 'Connection problem or invalid MMI code'.  I have now been told there is nothing they can do and I should contact Samsung support.  Samsung push you through to 'Just Answer' whose technical adviser promptly told me to use the same code !  When I got the failure again his only suggestion was to try changing my ring tone or to turn off voicemail.  I have tried turning off wifi etc but it does no good.  Is there anyone in tech support who can help please.

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TNJGB
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

So after getting the 4G & WiFi ceased I was able to put in the code to get the 30 seconds ring delay before transferring to voicemail. When I checked that it was set it came up with confirming only for voice calls (which fine) , normally it confirms for many other types of call including Voice, Data, Fax, SMS, Sync, Async, Packet & PAD.

I then had the 4G & WiFi reinstated and then noticed that my diversions on busy and not available had been cancelled so I individually set these up again. However this also reverted the divert on no reply to 15 seconds, even though I did not try to change this. I could not change this back to 30 seconds as I got the original MMI error message again. So I had to ask O2 to cease the 4G & WiFi again so that I can enter the 30 seconds code and then re-enter the no reply and not available options which are now all working. I will now need to ask O2 to restore the 4G & WiFi again.

It is going to be a nuisance if I have to ask O2 to cease and reinstate 4G & WiFi every time I need to change a diversion setting. It seems I should be able to do this on MyO2 but this facility is not available and I have to ask technical support.

The same issue exists on BT Mobile except they don't seem to accept that the issue exists but their default is 20 seconds which is just about useable.

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

@PeterC3 

You need to get O2 to turn off wifi calling on your account.

You will then be able to send the code and once done so, can ask to have wifi calling enabled again.

Once O2 have confirmed it's back on, you need to send the code again for 30 seconds before it becomes active on your account (within the day you request it).

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 11

PeterC3
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok I will give it a go, you would have thought O2 should be aware of this.

Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

Not really well enough trained these days I'm afraid.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 11

TNJGB
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have phone O2 support and they sent this issue on to 2nd line "on a form" and it would be fixed within 24 hours. Nothing happened.

Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

@TNJGB 

It hasn't been fixed in the last 2 years so no chance within 24 hours.

You need to do as above and get wifi calling disabled for the codes to work.

Additionally, so Samsung phones will only send over 3g network only.

Message 6 of 11

TNJGB
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

O2 told me that they cannot disable 4G/WiFi, it has to be done from my phone? I have tried this on the phone but no difference. It does take other MMI commands just not the 30 second delay command.

Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

Typical useless reply from CS

Message 8 of 11

TNJGB
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

They have now turned off 4G/WiFi but still the same MMI error.

Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

You now need to disable it in your MyO2 and reboot your phone.

May take up to 24 hours for the system to catch up too.

Message 10 of 11