Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swapping eSIM to a new device

happyspanners
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Managed to snag a good deal on a S24+ direct from Samsung. I have also just switched to an eSIM on a new contract with O2 (replacing the physical SIM card and contract I had with O2). How would I go about swapping the eSIM from this current device to the new phone? Is there a way to do it whilst transferring the data from my old phone to my new one?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148873 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28444 Solutions

@happyspanners 

You can sim swap and activate esim in your MyO2.

esim install.jpg

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23928 Posts
  • 1043 Topics
  • 3770 Solutions

@happyspanners Guide here: SIM Swap: a mini guide (incl eSim) - O2 Community

If you search the community you will find there have been lots of issues with esims of late. If you have an O2 store nearby, that may be your safest option. Bring photo ID with you if you choose to do that.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11313 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

@happyspanners 

Your first mistake is switching to an esim, and you are going to have fun in the future, as a lot of people are realising as you can't easily swap phones.. 

When you set up the phone there is an option to copy data from the old phone and think if memory serves also lets you try and swap the esim. 

If it doesn't then you will need to request a new one via Myo2.. 

My professional advice is to stick with physical SIM cards.... for your main number,,.

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 148873 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28444 Solutions

@happyspanners 

You can sim swap and activate esim in your MyO2.

esim install.jpg

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 7

happyspanners
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you everyone who has replied. I will attempt your solutions when I get my new phone. I must admit that I didn't even notice the option of an esim, it must have been the default option when I purchased the contract. I will watch out for this in the future.

Message 5 of 7

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7800 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1643 Solutions

They do seem to be pushing them. Pity O2 have problems getting some to work

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 148873 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28444 Solutions

Cheaper than producing plastic ones innit.

Message 7 of 7