Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Notifications from My O2 App

graemesmith1960
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm not sure if this is a scam or not.  Every week or so for the past month the My O2 App on my iPhone has sent me a notification headed CALL CENTRE and the message "You may shortly receive a call centre authenticated phone call on this device".

If I tap the notification it opens the My O2 App but doesn't give me any further info.  I have not received any phone calls from O2, authenticated or otherwise.

I strongly suspect it's a scam but can't really see what they will get from it?  I've turned off Notifications for the My O2 App so if I get any more I'll know it's a scam and someone has managed to spoof the iPhone into thinking the Notification came from the App.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149982 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@graemesmith1960 

I very much doubt it's possible to do something like that, esp on an iPhone, however, having said that, I've never seen such a message, so wise to be cautious.

Phishing, Smishing & Scams. Latest info & advice. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 2