Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Swap/Agents unable to help

Darmok
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been told by o2 agents (online & over the phone) the only way to fix my issue is to visit an o2 Shop & ask for a sim swap.

Now my nearest o2 shop is a round trip of 80 odd miles, i have no transport & i am disabled.

Is there no other way this can be done without doing this ridiculous trip ?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149586 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@Darmok 

Ask them to post you a new sim and either swap it yourself or call back when you get it to be activated.

Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 149586 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@Darmok 

Ask them to post you a new sim and either swap it yourself or call back when you get it to be activated.

Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

Darmok
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Why did they not suggest that ? the problem is keeping my old number from my previous o2 sim, i wish to transfer it to the new sim, they could not even do this themselves when i called, i can recieve calls on the sim, but am unable to make calls or top it up, hense my issue, do they not have an email address you can write to ? thos has been ongoing now for months

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 149586 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

No email support @Darmok 

Just the social media channels in the guide I posted above.

Message 4 of 4