Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal failing

Luke42
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

In the past month my signal on my phone keeps dropping out when on phone calls or WhatsApp calls. It happens even when my iPhone says I have full signal. Can someone tell me what is wrong please. I never had this problem beforehand 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149079 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28465 Solutions

@Luke42 

All we can do is point you towards these guides for help.

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

japitts
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 206 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

WhatsApp is just an app, and all usage is handled by both your phone & the mobile network, as data traffic. If usage of one app drops out. check whether other internet-based functions still work.

Voice calls dropping when coverage is still shown, along with coverage dropping without your phone moving, is indicative of a potential fault - but you'd need to test further to establish whether the device or network is the cause.

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149079 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28465 Solutions

@Luke42 

The problem is with the data signal, clearly.

This can be proven further by using wifi calling or whatsapp over wifi rather than mobile data.

https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 5

japitts
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 206 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Luke42 

The problem is with the data signal, clearly.

VoLTE calls are not using mobile data. The OP did mention "phone calls", which I've taken to mean direct-dialled.

VoLTE would be the assumption here, but 3G/2G are equally possible.

Message 5 of 5