Did you mean: 

Signal Issues

Oli1053
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I've checked O2's coverage checker and it is saying that the signal is good for outdoor and indoor use. 

Although my phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5G) is barely getting 1 bar of signal and an "E" instead of 4G...

I've tried resetting my phone, changing the sim card out to another phone, restarting it but nothing seems to be working?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Oliver

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23203 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3690 Solutions

@Oli1053 This is what it says at the bottom of the page of the coverage checker. You do the math.

"Data reception and speeds may not be as good indoors or in a car. Signal can also be affected by buildings, trees and even weather conditions. This map is just a guide and does not guarantee signal coverage."

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 6

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6779 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1519 Solutions

Is this mainly in one area?

Use https://status.o2.co.uk/ to check for faults and download the My Network App to report and keep an eye on things

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 6

Oli1053
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Bambino math completed and I should be fine. Given the fact i've been in a middle of a 2-acre field with no trees and buildings. Surely a little overcast weather and some rain doesn't stop the signal. That means the whole of the UK should be suffering...

Message 4 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23203 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3690 Solutions

@Oli1053 It probably is...😉

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12139 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1128 Solutions

Check these guide to see if anything helps.

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Guide: Do you have poor coverage / signal Indoors? This may help Explain / resolve it 

Use the My Network app to report issues.

Once you have built up a history, start getting in touch with customer services.

If still no improvement, lodge a complaint.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 6