Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Card Rip Off (Help Required)

BillG4tes
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Recently ordered a Sim Online to test the Network coverage in my area before committing to a monthly contract. I ordered the 100GB for £30 Contract Free SIM to test with.  On receiving the SIM I applied £10 just to test network, but My O2 said I didn't top up with the £30 Top up fee, and so I added a £30 top up  to the get bundle. I inserted the Sim into my router to find it doesn't work, on checking O" confirmed that this is a Mobile Phone Sim and doesn't work in any other device (nice of them to confirm when the SIM was purchased), I have now been into O2 Shop to be told to ask to transfer to a Data Only SIM, but have to do it online.  I have now called 3 times to be hung up on twice and sit in queue for 25min( without any announcements) before having to hang up.

I need to know If I can transfer this SIM to a DATA only SIM to test the Network coverage at my new house before committing to a monthly contract.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7977 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1653 Solutions

Data SIM will contract not PAYG, so I doubt it.

Can you not check it in a phone maybe using it as a hotspot?

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 4

BillG4tes
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No I want to use it in a router, but nothing on the Website about Sims not working in Routers ?  I'm Fuming £40 down the drain due to ill prepared Website.

Message 3 of 4

BillG4tes
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

And O2 Shop said there are Data SIMS on PAYG..

Message 4 of 4