Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rural coverage getting worse

RemoteYorkshire
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi - we live remotely surrounded by hills, used to get a signal in a tiny portion of our house, now that has even stopped. Several questions: How can we actively improve the signal in our area? and what changed to reduce signal? Can you place equipment at our farm to increase reception? Thanks 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146852 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28259 Solutions

@RemoteYorkshire 

We're all customers here so cannot answer any of that, sorry.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

japitts
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 131 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

The ultimate means to improve coverage in a given area is to be closer to the nearest serving site, which normally means a new site install. The process for installing a new site is a long-term one, involving a full design, planning & legal process.

There are numerous possibilities as to why your coverage has slightly altered, and I very much doubt O2-CS will have any specifics.

Message 3 of 4

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7454 Posts
  • 141 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@RemoteYorkshire 

These might help :-

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

My Network App - Find Out More About Your Network Coverage | Apps | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

Have you tried PAYG SIM cards from other networks to establish if the issue at your home is O2 only, or if you have a deficient signal from all networks ?

Message 4 of 4