Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reconnecting

Cf10
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I have an O2 contract provided as part of my virgin media bundle sim only deal which my wife uses. I tried to port the number to Lebara but for one reason or another it didn’t go through as planned. 

Later on, I gave notice to terminate the o2 contract as had been paying for the 2 sims. The phone line disconnected earlier this week for o2. I now need to reinstate the number but have spent over 2 hours on the phone to O2 this morning being passed around with no progress. They asked me to settle a bill to reconnect the line which I’ve done (didn’t know I had an outstanding balance) but now they are telling me they’ve misunderstood my request. 

Im absolutely outraged at the shocking customer service here. Does anyone know whether this is even possible to reconnect the old number within the same week of it disconnecting and who / department I need to speak to!?  Thanks for your help. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38107 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1728 Solutions

Did you follow the guidance for terminating, @Cf10?

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

And Guide: Migration & porting into O2 may help, @Cf10.

Contact O2 via Social Media using the Facebook or Twitter/X or Instagram ways given in the link below - and be persistent until they come back to you on a Private Channel. Good luck!

Message 2 of 4

Cf10
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks mate. I requested the PAC but never gave it to the new provider and so never used it. Must have got sidetracked at the time, so ended up just verbally terminating over the phone instead the old fashioned way. 

Message 3 of 4

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38107 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1728 Solutions

The official O2 take on keeping your number here, if you need it - but the Community Guides contain much more as they are based on direct user experience, @Cf10 

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

Good luck!

Message 4 of 4