Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent phone from connecting to Turkish network

sunmat
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm traveling in Rhodes, Greece. While I'm supposed to be able to roam free in Europe, I just realized that my phone has connected to Turkish operators from time to time and I have been charged for it. I have O2 Travel bolt on, so I see a 5€ extra charge for each of the past 3 days (basically since I arrived in Greece).

Is there a way to prevent my phone from connecting to Turkish networks?

I tried to manually select a Greek operator and while it works for data, my phone notifies me every 10 seconds (by vibrating) that the selected network is unavailable, so I just can't leave it on manual network selection.

I assume if I disable O2 Travel it's going to be even worse?

Also do you think I could ask O2 to cancel those charges since technically I was in the Eurozone?

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145717 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 28015 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

Looks good, and not confusing.

However, pick Norway and PAYG and it still says 5G is available - but it isn't to O2 PAYG Customers (Yet!), @Dave-O2 

pgn_0-1696324276856.png

Ditto for Greece, where there is no 3G any more:

1000004118.png

and no 4g calling for PAYG customers so how do they make calls in countries with no 3g?

Yes we know the phone "should" drop to 2g but this doesn't always happen.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 21 of 22

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36966 Posts
  • 237 Topics
  • 1676 Solutions