Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting problems. Please help

SimG
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The port was confirmed for the 31st of October, Old sim stopped working, but number didn't port, contacted customer support who said it was due to a holiday, Said it would port on the 1st Nov, That didn't happen, called customer support who said it was due a technical glitch. Guaranteed it would port on the 2nd of Nov. That didn't happen. Not live chat is down and so is phone support. This is a business sim and I've been stuck for 3 days now

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7960 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1652 Solutions

There is a problem with the company that handles porting for the networks.

I'll tag an advisor for you

@O2Lisa  .... Don't know if you can help on these

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 6

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning @Enlli, I am really sorry but I haven’t got any further updates as of yet. 
No timescales but I know the teams are working through the back log as fast as they can. 

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7960 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1652 Solutions

Thanks for the update. 

At least we know nothing can be done your end.

Will inform customers of the situation 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 6

SimG
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Enlli @O2Lisa, Is it possible to expedite a port request with the team?

Message 5 of 6

g0akc
  • 18 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

We’ve had the same as mentioned in other threads.  Now over a weeks delay.  It’s supposed to be done within one working day by law (Communications Act, Ofcom).

I have just received an updated document from O2 showing the number we want to keep (brought from our previous provider).  I’m not sure if that means there’s any progress.

O2lisa is supposed to be updating any news on these forums.

Look at raising a complaint and claiming compensation - use the Ombudsman service if necessary.

Message 6 of 6