Did you mean: 

Porting problems - PLEASE HELP

Davros
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

My migration from Virgin to O2 failed on the 17th October.  No one from either company thought to tell me it had failed. Instead they thought it was okay to discontinue my number on the 30th October without warning leaving me uncontactable to all and unable to contact anyone.  After contacting Virgin they put in a recovery request for my number and advised me to take out a new contract with O2 until my number was recovered and a PAAC code generated.  I received my PAAC code from Virgin on the 7th Nov and gave it to O2 straight away.  Now 4 days later my number still hasn't been ported.  I contact O2 everyday and keep getting told it will happen within the next 24 hours.  I even spoke to an agent this morning who assured me it would be fixed by 5pm tonight.  When it still didn't happen I went back to online chat to be told there is a technical issue that they are working on but that numbers aren't usually ported at the weekend.  I'm at my wits end with this as I have had the same number for 15 years and use it for work so it's causing me all sorts of issues.  On top of that it's my daughters 8th birthday soon and I haven't gave the invitations out yet as they are pre printed with my old number that O2 haven't ported for me yet.

Does anyone have any ideas for resolving this ASAP?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6610 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Going by posts on the Virgin Forum you are not alone in this.

The bad news, from what I am reading is in taking out a new contract with O2 You are not going to get the same benefits as those automatically swapped.

Whoever said it would transfer today was mistaken, nothing happens at the weekend.

If nothing happens Monday you may have to keep on at O2. 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144416 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Davros 

How to make an official complaint here https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Use the Resolver option.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10192 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Davros 

It could be related to the problems with porting anything in or out with a Virgin Media Number, as I am finding out...  going from ID Mobile to Spusu with a number ported out from Virgin before the mess that is the the Virgin (aka the messiest network setup ever) to o2.. 

I would be making a complaint to Virgin Media as well, as they should have told you about the problems with your migration... and offering some sort of recompense for there mess..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 4