Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from O2 to EE

Justanotherdisg
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

On Wednesday myself and my wife started a new contract with EE, PAC codes given from O2 so that porting could be completed within 24 hours.

Thursday - Numbers appeared to have been ported, however there was no ability to be able to make/receive calls, texts or use data. Contacted EE via chat and they inform us that they may need another 24 hours to be fully ported.

Friday - See Thursday. 

Today - See Friday. Decided to go to the store where we got the sims. They said that the porting was partial and that the problem was at O2s end. So we went round to the O2 store where they said they have no idea what the problem is and they can't do anything for us. However, visiting this site it is fairly obvious there is some kind of ongoing problem with transferring numbers to and from O2.

So, could someone please assist us. With our numbers linked to so many accounts and work, it would be a HUGE pain to have to cancel everything and just get new numbers.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

O2Jonathan
Former Staff
  • 66 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@MI5 thanks for the tag, I will private message you now @Justanotherdisg

signature

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23201 Posts
  • 1028 Topics
  • 3690 Solutions

@Justanotherdisg O2 doesn't port numbers on the weekend, so if the port didn't complete there's no point trying to chase it today. Your best option will be to contact customer service first thing on Monday.

Call 0344 809 0202, 0800 902 0217 or 0800 032 1402
When it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say 'Upgrade', 'Lost/Stolen', or 'Fraud' if the suggestion above doesn't get you through.
Best time to call is 8 am.
You can also reach O2 via social media:
Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB), Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW), or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144969 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27814 Solutions

@Justanotherdisg 

Sounds like you'll need help from @O2Jonathan 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

NormansPaw
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The porting from Virgin to O2 isn't going well either my text messages don't come through any more though I can send, and my wife can't send but can receive. CS are next to useless, they even want to send me a text to verify it's me! Decided I'd had enough so thought I'll leave but....I need a text message to authorise, we never asked for this, what an absolute shower!

Message 4 of 7

O2Jonathan
Former Staff
  • 66 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@MI5 thanks for the tag, I will private message you now @Justanotherdisg

signature
Message 5 of 7

Justanotherdisg
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Update:

As @O2Jonathan had mentioned to me, this was a problem with EEs porting rather than the other way round as we were told by EE.

Managed to finally speak to a technician at EE who knew what the actual problem was. Files had not been completely transferred from O2 to EE during the initial port last week. That meant while the number had been transferred, we were not able to use the services. Files transfer was completed at some point over the weekend/Monday morning.

All good now. A right pain in the backside as every account is linked to our numbers like many many people. And having front line customer service firstly not know and then not escalate for both EE and O2 was probably the most infuriating part of it.

Message 6 of 7

weldon
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Justanotherdisg how did you get in touch with an EE technician as I have the same issue? No help from either side so far

Message 7 of 7