Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay bill after switching to new network

Chloe124578
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, i accidently cancelled my direct debit before my last bill came out and now I'm really having trouble getting in touch to pay it. Any advice? I am no longer an O2 customer and any number I ring ends up hanging up on me as I don't have an account. I switched my number so i still have the one I had on o2.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38507 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1735 Solutions

Best time to call O2 Customer Services as around 08:15 UK time in the morning, @Chloe124578 - and the number you call from should not make a difference. Numbers you can call in the guide here:

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

You can call customer service on the 0800 number using Skype - here's a tutorial if you have not used Skype before:

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-use-skype/

Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

pgn
  • 38507 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1735 Solutions

Best time to call O2 Customer Services as around 08:15 UK time in the morning, @Chloe124578 - and the number you call from should not make a difference. Numbers you can call in the guide here:

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

You can call customer service on the 0800 number using Skype - here's a tutorial if you have not used Skype before:

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-use-skype/

Good luck!

Message 2 of 6

Chloe124578
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

HI Pgn, thanks so much for the response! Will try again tomorrow morning! I've tried various numbers and different routes but can't get through to a queue to speak with a human regardless of how I try, even when ringing through to the new contract number!!! 

Message 3 of 6

pgn
  • 38507 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1735 Solutions

Fingers crossed for you, @Chloe124578 - even calling at 8am on the dot can get you dumped first or second try - the steps that seem to work best are:

• When it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
    Press 2 for Everything Else
    Press 5 for More Options
    Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
    Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.

Message 4 of 6

Chloe124578
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Got through to a human thank you so much!! Only owed less than £2 accoridng to the woman I spoke with not the full bill as well, very strange but that should be the end of it!! Thank you for the tips yesterday was very frustrating!!! 

Message 5 of 6

pgn
  • 38507 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1735 Solutions

Glad to hear you got through to someone early, and that all is good now. You're welcome.

Message 6 of 6