Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passcode for SIM

LTV77
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I want to set a SIM passcode for my iPhone 11. (Or maybe that should be 'set a new SIM passcode'.)

I've tried the default 1111 code to change it, but that didn't work

I have no recollection of changing the default passcode and have no record of a new passcode. 

As I only have two more attempts before the SIM is locked, I don't want to risk trying it again.

I was wondering how or where I could find the passcode. I would have thought it would have been somewhere on the MyO2 site when I log on but can't see it anywhere.

Is the best solution to order a new SIM card and start afresh?

Unfortunately it's easier getting through to speak to the Pope than to O2 Customer Service, hence I'm asking on here.

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94098 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
Every Virgin Mobile SIM comes with the PIN already set. You'll be asked to enter the PIN after inserting your new SIM and turning on your phone. When prompted, simply enter 7890.

How Do I Activate And Set Up New SIM | Virgin Media Help

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11620 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@LTV77 

Well that took all of 10 seconds on google or on this forum. to find it, it is 0000

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 10

LTV77
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Please spend 10 seconds actually reading my post rather than posting a sarcastic and unhelpful response.

I said 'I've tried the default 1111 code to change it, but that didn't work.'

I didn't just guess the default code. I Googled it. 

I was also part of the recent Virgin Media to O2 migration, hence finding the answer is not as straightforward as you imply.

Message 3 of 10

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7983 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1653 Solutions

You didn't say it was a Vigin SIM 

Try 7890

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 10

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11620 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

So you forgot to mention the fact that you have a Belgian sim card aka Virgin Media, that is quite important information to impart.. 

The default pin on o2 has never been 1111 

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 5 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94098 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
Every Virgin Mobile SIM comes with the PIN already set. You'll be asked to enter the PIN after inserting your new SIM and turning on your phone. When prompted, simply enter 7890.

How Do I Activate And Set Up New SIM | Virgin Media Help

Message 6 of 10

LTV77
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you Jonsie. I'll try that one. 

Message 7 of 10

LTV77
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I didn't say I googled 'Default passcode for O2 SIM'.

Nor did I ask for the default passcode for an O2 SIM card.

I actually thought my question was quite reasonable for someone who is not 'an IT Geek' (sic) as you describe yourself. All questions are easy when you know the answer. Unfortunately neither of us knows the answer in this case, although I am going to try 7890.

If that's wrong, then I only have one attempt left, hence I was hoping for an answer to 'I was wondering how or where I could find the passcode. I would have thought it would have been somewhere on the MyO2 site when I log on but can't see it anywhere.' (Just as a bank / credit card PIN code can be found when you log on.)

I didn't realise the Virgin Mobile / O2 migration needed mentioning as I assumed all my information would have been transferred over to MyO2. 

If you don't know the answer or can't be helpful, then please do not post on this thread.

Message 8 of 10

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12630 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions

This is a community of o2 (or rather now VMo2) customers @LTV77 so we have no idea what your history is.

As you are posting on the o2 community it makes sense to assume (barring other information) you are an o2 customer - hence the o2 sim pin of 0000.

With further information we can make better suggestions.

Ultimately if you need support then you can try calling customer services, or messaging them on their social media channels but no-one from o2 (VMo2) will see your messages here and reply...

Again assuming you are pay monthly (with no other information):

Call 202 from your mobile or 0344 809 0202, 0800 902 0217 or 0800 032 1402 

When you call, you will be asked for the reason you are calling,

Stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.

Press 2 for Everything Else

Press 5 for More Options

Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to an advisor.

Press Upgrade, Lost/Stolen or Fraud if you have to.

8am is the best time to call

Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 9 of 10

LTV77
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you.

I think possibly mentioning the VM / O2 migration was a bit of a red herring.

The important paragraph was 'I was wondering how or where I could find the passcode. I would have thought it would have been somewhere on the MyO2 site when I log on but can't see it anywhere.' 

In hindsight, I would have been wiser just posting that; less information rather than more.

To be clear, that's what I was hoping to find the answer to, not the default SIM code, either for a VM SIM card or an O2 SIM card. And to be fair, I didn't ask for the default SIM code (for either VM or O2). I merely said 'I've tried the default 1111 code to change it, but that didn't work' and people assumed that's what I was looking for.

I had googled my question but found a number of different codes suggested. With only having 3 attempts to enter the correct default code (if, in fact, I needed the default code) before I locked my SIM, I was hoping it would have been on my account somewhere.

Incidentally, out of interest I checked the veracity of an earlier answer on this thread and found it to be not entirely accurate - at least according to Google, where it states 'The default O2 PIN code is either “0000” or “1234” but it can be some other number also.' That was on several Google answers. Others suggested 0000, 5555, 1234 and 4321.

In other words, if I did have an O2 SIM, I could well have locked my SIM, had I followed earlier advice.

For the record, 7890 worked. 

Message 10 of 10