Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 different PAC codes same error on both

Caslad19
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been trying to port my number from 3 to 02 from the 8th of July and it’s still not active. After going back-and-forth with chat, I finally rang them and O2 customer service was saying there was an error with My PAC code saying it was at ‘appropriate stage’ I don’t know what that means and no do they? They told me to ring three back which I did and they told me my passcode was valid. I cancelled that code and got a new code and gave it to O2 and I’m still getting the same error message from them they just keep saying ring back in 24 hours and we will try again. This is getting ridiculous now. I am paying two contracts and I don’t know what to do. Does it make a difference that My that my new Sim is an eSIM with O2 any help would be much appreciated. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11260 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

@Caslad19 

Where are you trying to port from?, as it sounds like they are generating invalid PAC codes, and it is failing verification. 

I would speak to the network you are porting from and get them to investigate, as well as letting o2's back office team investigate, this may not be a quick one to fix.

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 9

Caslad19
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your reply. 
I am receiving the pac codes through the txt line but I have rang three and they have told me the PAC codes are valid. When I enter them online through the number keep section it says they went through successfully. 
How do I get hold of O2 back team. 

Message 3 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148695 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28438 Solutions

@Caslad19 wrote:

How do I get hold of O2 back team. 

You can't. You can only talk to 1st line customer service and they will (should) escalate it.

Quite a few issues just lately so I wouldn't assume the fault is with 3 at all.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 9

Caslad19
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

After speaking with three again. They said they are having trouble porting numbers due to the crowdstrike issues last week. I don’t know how true this is as I’ve spoken to 3 different customer support people today he was the only one to mention it 

Message 5 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148695 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28438 Solutions

Some are still blaming covid for deficiencies @Caslad19 

It's easier to make excuses than to fix issues.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 9

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11260 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

The porting process is run via a 3rd party so it wouldnt surprise me as if the connection between 3 and them cant complete then it doesnt matter what 3 generate it wont work.. 

Porting processes i doubt are a P1 to fix where as fixing billing will be, so you will just need to wait for 3 / 3rd party to fix issues... 

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 7 of 9

Caslad19
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 have finally told me what the error code is 

The error says "Phone Number is in inappropriate state (Soft-reserved)".

I don’t have a clue what that means but they have escalated it to the technical team 

Message 8 of 9

vib123
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 

I have had the exact same issue for over a month now. Giffgaff (my current provider) keep saying they are no issues with the PAC code, but O2 say my number is on soft-reserve. I have decided to cancel the contract as I wasn't able to use my O2 number at all anyway. 

Message 9 of 9