Did you mean: 

O2 made a complete mess of porting and no customer service

JonWHITE71
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Here is my tale of woe

Got a new Rolling plan sim a week ago, Wednesday, filled in the porting form online, Thursday got a message from O2 on my EE (contract) number, transfer in progress will be done by 6pm, my EE sim stopped working within a hour but the number didn’t port. 
I rang 4445 (after 6pm) told them the situation and was told they would reinput the request and it would be done Friday or Saturday (lie no.1 porting does not happen at weekends I later found out)

I rang 4445 Sunday and was told they would try again and it would be done Monday guaranteed (it didn’t)

I rang 4445 Tuesday was told there was a technical hitch and it would be done and sorted Wednesday promise!(it didn’t)

I rang 4445 Wednesday I was then told each time they had used a payg to payg form to do the porting, I said I was never asked if my EE number was on payg or contact, I was then cut off

Rang 4445 again told them what I was told they would then pass me to the payg concern team, they put me through to the contract team (after 20mins on hold) was then transferred to Payg team after 55 mins on hold, I’m assured it will port tomorrow, strangely I don’t believe them, each time I’ve been lied to. 
Never experienced such bad customer service ever. I even tried the twitter o2 chat help, I’m still waiting for an answer from 2 days ago! 

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12396 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1149 Solutions

As you have had no success with the normal routes @ChetB let's see if the community advisors can sort it.

Can you see if you can help please @O2Sarah- ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 11 of 21

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @gmarkj  

@ChetB I will send you a private message so we can look into this. 

Message 12 of 21

Bdebz79
Level 3: Thinker
  • 18 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Has this been resolved for anyone? I am in the exact same position. EE informed me that my number has ported across on 23/6 and my EE account has closed, but my number never appeared on my account. Literally have rung about 20 times. Same thing every time. They say they will transfer me to another department to deal with it and just move me to another customer service agent. 

At my wits end with it all.

Message 13 of 21

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37306 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

@Bdebz79 wrote:

Has this been resolved for anyone? I am in the exact same position. EE informed me that my number has ported across on 23/6 and my EE account has closed, but my number never appeared on my account. Literally have rung about 20 times. Same thing every time. They say they will transfer me to another department to deal with it and just move me to another customer service agent. 

At my wits end with it all.

Are you not communicating with @O2Emma on this porting matter, @Bdebz79 ?

Please give her a chance, and follow her advice.

Message 14 of 21

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @pgn I am in contact with @Bdebz79 

signature
Message 15 of 21

Bdebz79
Level 3: Thinker
  • 18 Posts