Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Still Not Ported

Magic
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I got my O2 SIM on Friday I had entered PAC code on Friday for number to be ported from another provider. Porting of number is still not done. Can someone let me know when the number will be brought to O2?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149971 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@Magic 

Ports don't happen at weekends. The earliest it will be done is tomorrow but check with O2 that it is planned.

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this
Thanks

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 10

Magic
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I ported the number around 12 noon on Friday. So it should have happened by now. After reading other posts, I think O2 are having problems in porting numbers. I am regretting switching to O2. With my previous provider, the switch happened on Saturday (PAC code given on Friday)

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 149971 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@Magic 

They are a bit slow currently but it would not have been actioned on Friday.

Ports are next working day which doesn't include weekends.

Either way, you still need to check with O2.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 10

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12683 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1156 Solutions

What do you mean when you say 

@Magic wrote:

I ported the number around 12 noon on Friday. 

@Magic ?

If you meant you requested the port, then you will receive a message from o2 confirming the day of the transfer.

There is more information on porting in the guide below.

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 149971 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

PAC was given around 12 noon Friday @gmarkj 

No chance of it getting actioned before tomorrow if it has been processed.

Message 6 of 10

gmarkj
  • 12683 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1156 Solutions

I guessed that was the meaning, but wanted OP to confirm either way.

At least we can say for definite that it way @MI5 !

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 7 of 10

Magic
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

"If you meant you requested the port, then you will receive a message from o2 confirming the day of the transfer"

Where will I receive the message. To the O2 number (New SIM) or my previous provider number? I have not received any message from O2 as to when number will be ported. Neither to O2 SIM nor on my previous number as both are not working

Message 8 of 10

gmarkj
  • 12683 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1156 Solutions

@Magic wrote:

"If you meant you requested the port, then you will receive a message from o2 confirming the day of the transfer"

Where will I receive the message. To the O2 number (New SIM) or my previous provider number? 

Very good question @Magic and one I am not sure of - it's been a long time since I ported a number, and the process has changed.

Any ideas @MI5 (or @pgn )?

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 149971 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

The text is sent to the number that is being kept, which would have been working at time of request.

If it's now been switched off, it's likely the port has actually started, so you need to put in the O2 sim and keep rebooting until it comes online.

Message 10 of 10